Luddite6892
Level 1: Cadet

Wifi Connection dropping out

I have a Netgear Nighthawk Mobile wifi thingy. Had it about 18 mths, been working fine. About 12 weeks ago I noticed things were taking forever to download (think dial-up-speed), especially images.

I've tried disconnecting and restarting etc.

My computer says I'm connected and with a link speed of 72 Mbps.

The display on the Netgear device shows 'Telstra 4G, full bars but the 'download/upload' arrows are often not activated or keep dropping in and out.

The desktop and wifi nighthawk have been in the same position all year, I haven't moved anything etc. About the same time I started having problems, I notice that instead of 20GB per month I'm now given 30GB per month, but I'm not paying any extra. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Wifi Connection dropping out

Are you getting actual wi-fi dropouts or maybe internet service drop outs?

Try running a Telstra Speed Test  from your computerr if you haven't already. Pick a Telstra server close to you.

The 'link speed' you mention is reported on your wi-fi connection? It isn't necessarily the true speed..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more