Answered

My laptop cannot detect my wifi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jiggy7
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: wifi network

Hey guys thanks for the help. I did reset the modem again and I can now detect the modem on the laptop. Thanks again for offering help

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If other devices can detect the WiFi it could be due to the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi not transmitting.

To check if 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty disable band steering in modem. This will add -5G to the name of the 5GHz WiFi. If on your other devices you only see the modem's name with 5GHz in the list of available WiFi networks then modem's 2.4GHz WiFi is not transmitting.

To disable band steering log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to WiFi , remove tick next to band steering and save settings.

Dowser
Level 20: Director

@jiggy7 wrote:

My laptop cannot detect my wifi

Did it detect it previously?.

Does the laptop connect to other devices (using Wifi) such as a hotspot on your phone?.

jiggy7

Hey Dowser yes it used to and i can hotspot to my phone and see other nearby networks. Cheers

Dowser

As per cf4’s comment, it would be interesting to know what frequency your modem is providing connections at.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Did you try the good suggestions from @cf4 ??

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
jiggy7
Accepted Solution

Hey guys thanks for the help. I did reset the modem again and I can now detect the modem on the laptop. Thanks again for offering help

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more