Update May 2021: Due to the recent updates, customers are able to use 5G whilst they have dual sim enabled. Customers are no longer required to move between each SIM to enable 5G.
Due to a limitation across the Pixel 5 and 4a (5G) phones, you won't be able to use 5G if you have Dual SIM enabled. This issue isn't unique to Telstra. To access 5G, you'll need to disable your secondary mobile service.
Does 5G work with Dual SIM?
If you use Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G) phones with two SIMs you will fall back to using 4G. To connect to 5G, you’ll need to temporarily turn off the SIM that isn't set to use data.
How do I enable 5G on the device with Dual SIM?
- 5G will not be available when the device has Dual SIM enabled.
- To access 5G, the secondary mobile service will need to be disabled, leaving the 5G-capable mobile service the only service turned on.
- To temporarily disable your secondary mobile service:
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Network and internet'
- Tap your physical SIM or eSIM service under 'Mobile network', depending on which you want to temporarily disable
- Tap the toggle to off on 'Use SIM' on the subsequent menu.
You can find out more on Pixel Phone Help.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.