From 30th October 2018, there will be a price increase on select Foxtel from Telstra packages. This increase allows us to continue investing in premium programming and products, giving you access to the best content possible.
Will the price rise impact me, and how much will my service cost increase?
The price rise will impact Foxtel from Telstra customers on the Entertainment base pack, Essentials base packs, and Platinum/HD package.
Existing Foxtel from Telstra customers on the Entertainment On Us offer will not be impacted by the price rise until they are out of contract (provided they meet the minimum monthly spend conditions associated with the offer).
The following price increase will take effect from 30th October 2018, and impacted customers will be notified prior to this date:
- The Entertainment & Essentials base packs will increase by $3 per month. Hence the Foxtel from Telstra Retail Rate for any tier combination will increase by $3 per month (excluding the Platinum & Platinum HD packages detailed below).
- For customers on Foxtel current base packs (Entertainment) and are subscribed to the hard packaged Platinum HD, the price with increase by $2 per month (note: this does not include customers on a BYO Platinum HD package).
- For customers on Foxtel legacy base packs (Essentials), and are subscribed to either hard/BYO packaged Platinum or Platinum HD, the price with increase by $2 per month.
- For customers on Foxtel Legacy Sport, Movie & Platinum who have a non-recordable box, we will remove the retail discount in addition to the above price increase.
Why is the price increasing?
For Entertainment/Essential customers:
- This price change allows continued investment in premium programming, products and access to the best content possible.
For Platinum/HD customers:
- Platinum HD customers will also enjoy more than 200 complete seasons and a new drama or returning series every week, streaming, live and ready to watch anytime.
- Foxtel’s unrivalled sporting line-up is also soon to get a boost with the addition of live cricket offering every bowl of every over coming later this year.
- Platinum HD customers will also enjoy new on demand content featuring hundreds of hours of entertainment ranging from familiar favourites to new shows express from the US.
How will I be notified if the price rise impacts me?
We will be notifying customers who are impacted by the price rise from 10th Sept 2018. Depending on the contact details you have provided, you’ll either be contacted via email, SMS or post.
Updating your contact details
Please make sure your contact details are up to date by logging into My Telstra App (tap the person icon in the top right corner and select 'Manage Account Details'). Or choose one of the following:
I received a price last year, why is there another one?
We understand that it’s never a good time for a price rise. We want to continue to invest and deliver premium programming, products and access to the best content possible.
I have a bundle, will the price rise impact me?
Customers who have Foxtel from Telstra built into the total cost of their home bundle are exempt from the price rise.
I am currently receiving a discount or special offer, how will the price rise affect me?
If you have a promotional offer or discount on your service, you will continue to receive the offer in accordance with the offer terms (excluding the Foxtel Legacy Sport, Movie & Platinum discount with non-recordable box).
I have additional questions about the price rise, who do I call?
If you wish to discuss the price rise further, please call us on 1800 931 523.
What if I am currently on a reduced service package or voluntary suspension?
If you are on a reduced package service or if your account is currently in voluntary suspension, you will receive the price rise once you come off these services.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.