We’re excited to introduce the third generation of Telstra TV, available to new and existing Telstra Home Broadband customers from 26 February 2019. From 14 May 2019, we’re also making Telstra TV available for Telstra consumer post-paid mobile and mobile broadband customers. The new Telstra TV has all the power of the Telstra TV 2, but in a smaller device with even more features.
For a limited time, when you purchase Telstra TV, you’ll receive a bonus $125 Telstra TV Box Office credit! Find out more here.
Activate and redeem before 26 August 2019.
Why you’ll love Telstra TV
Your entertainment. All in one place.
Telstra TV brings together the biggest brands in entertainment. Stream movies, TV shows, live sport, music and more. Plus watch free to air TV. All in one place.
Content-led home screen.
Not sure what you’re looking for? Discover content from the home screen on Telstra TV and Telstra TV App, without having to open individual apps. The device remembers your usage, and provides recommendations for what to watch next.
Control, play & search with your voice.
Just ask to search, play and pause movies and TV shows. Plus change channels, apps and much more.
Telstra TV has Australia’s first integrated live TV, catch-up, and on-demand search function. With Telstra TV Smart Search, search simultaneously across the biggest brands in entertainment for specific movies, TV and people.
This includes: Free-to-air, catch up TV, Foxtel Now, Netflix, Stan, Telstra TV Box Office, Hayu, Animelab, Garage Entertainment and DocPlay
One remote. Total control.
Now Wi-Fi enabled, the new Telstra TV Enhanced Remote you gives you more control of your television. Power on, turn the volume up, or control your entertainment from the one remote.
High quality entertainment that demands less from your connection.
Stream movies and TV in 4K HDR quality across a range of entertainment providers, while using less data and bandwidth with HEVC encoding support.
On 4K compatible TVs. Providers that support 4K: Netflix, Youtube, Curiosity Stream, Plex, and Stan
Live TV made better.
Don’t miss a moment with Live Pause, where you can pause and rewind free-to-air live TV for up to 30 minutes. Instant replay allows you to jump back 10 seconds to relive key moments. Plus, if you’ve missed your show, integrated on-demand services could help you catch up.
At home and on the go.
Download the Telstra TV App to search and discover content on the go. Easily find content you love, save it to watch later, create wish lists, or use it as a second remote at home. Plus, with private listening, you can listen to the audio from Telstra TV on your mobile device and headphones at home.
FAQ – Telstra TV3
Who is Telstra TV3 available to?
The Telstra TV is available to customers with a Telstra consumer post-paid fixed broadband, mobile and/or mobile broadband service.
What’s the difference in features between the second generation and third generation Telstra TV?
The new Telstra TV now includes:
- Integrated voice control: Just ask to search, play and pause movies and TV shows, change channels, apps, volume and much more. You don’t need a smart speaker - just our new Enhanced Remote.
- Telstra TV Enhanced Remote: Now Wi-Fi enabled, the new Telstra TV Enhanced Remote gives you more control of your television. Power on, turn the volume up, or control your entertainment with just your voice and the remote.
- Smaller size
Plus we’ve improved existing features like:
- Telstra TV Smart Search: Australia’s first integrated live TV, catch-up, and on-demand search function. You can now search simultaneously across the biggest brands in entertainment – look for specific movies, TV or people, and filter by genre. This now includes all content across Free-to-air, catch up TV, Foxtel Now, Netflix, Stan, Telstra TV Box Office, Hayu, Animelab, Garage Entertainment and DocPlay!
- Free to Air Playback: Don’t miss a moment with Live Pause where you can pause and rewind free-to-air live TV for up to 30 minutes. Instant replay allows you to jump back 10 seconds to relive key moments.
- Telstra TV App: With the Telstra TV App, you can now enable private listening mode. This allows you to listen to the audio from Telstra TV without waking the house by listening through your mobile device and headphones.
What’s the difference between my Smart TV and my Telstra TV?
With Telstra TV, you can watch and control all of your entertainment - whether it be free-to-air, catch up, sport, music, movies or TV without changing HDMI inputs or remotes. The Telstra TV Enhanced Remote is your gateway to a world of entertainment.
- Content led. With Telstra TV you can discover content from the home screen, without having to open individual apps. The device remembers your usage, and provides recommendations for what to watch next.
- Telstra TV has Australia’s only search function that allows you to easily search for titles, people or genres across Live TV, the 5 Catch up TV apps, Telstra TV Box Office, Foxtel Now, Netflix, Stan, Hayu, Animelab, Garage Entertainment and DocPlay.
- We’re always making Telstra TV better. We automatically update your device software for no extra charge - this makes sure you have our newest content providers, app versions and software features without needing to buy or upgrade.
- Easier sign up and payment. We make signing up to some of your favourite applications even easier by pre-populating your details. You can add Foxtel Now, Netflix and Kayo subscriptions, as well as Telstra TV Box Office transactions, to your Telstra Bill.
- The Telstra TV App gives you access to the Telstra TV ecosystem on the go. You can easily find content you love, save it to watch later, create wish lists, or use it as a second remote at home. Plus, with private listening you can use your mobile device and headphones to listen to the audio on Telstra TV at home.
How much does Telstra TV cost?
Telstra TV3 is available for $216 outright or $9/month for 24 months. Find out more here.
A delivery fee of $9.95 may apply if you purchase Telstra TV through recontracting or standalone.
How do I get started with Telstra TV?
Getting set up with Telstra TV is easy - you’ll be streaming in minutes. Simply unbox, plug in (HDMI, power and antenna cables), and power up. We’ll step you through some simple on-screen steps to connect to the internet, pair your Telstra account and Enhanced Remote, scan for free-to-air channels, and let you know how to redeem your Box Office credit.
Are there any other costs associated with Telstra TV?
Setting up Telstra TV is free. You’re in control of what you spend, with heaps of free content available to watch from the below providers. Data usage will still apply.
- Free live TV: ABC, SBS, Channel 7, Channel 9, and Channel 10
- Catch up TV: ABC iView, SBS OnDemand, 7Plus, 9Now, and 10Play
- Sport, music, news and more: YouTube, AFL, NRL, Netball Live, Go Pro, Redbull TV, TED, Bloomberg TV, Tastemade, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, ZooMoo, Roku Media Player, Plex and more
What other content is available on Telstra TV?
On top of the huge range of free content on Telstra TV, you also have the choice to pay to access a wide range of premium content providers. Data usage applies.
- Subscription TV and movies: Foxtel Now, Netflix, Stan, Hayu, Curiosity Stream, DocPlay, and Kanopy
- Transactional TV and movies: Telstra TV Box Office
- Sport: Kayo, NBA, UFC, and Garage Entertainment
- News and Music: WSJ Video, The Economist, and Vimeo
- International: MySatGo, YuppTV, Rakuten Viki, Crunchyroll, and AnimeLab
How do I find movies or TV shows using Telstra TV Search?
You can either use the remote to search for content on Telstra TV, or use your voice.
- Remote: Press the home button to go to the Telstra TV menu and navigate to Search. Use the onscreen keyboard to type and search for the title or person you are looking for.
- Voice: Press the voice button on the remote, say “search”, followed by the title or person you are looking. For example: “Search for Game of Thrones”
FAQ - Telstra TV Box Office Offer
How do I redeem the Telstra TV Box Office credit?
When you activate your Telstra TV, you will be prompted to redeem your $125 Box Office credit. If you skip this step, you can always go into the Box Office app on Telstra TV to get your credit and start watching!
When does the offer expire?
You have until 26 August 2019 to redeem your Telstra TV Box Office bonus.
Can I stack the bonus offer if I buy multiple Telstra TV’s?
Absolutely. The bonus Telstra TV Box Office credit applies to each third generation Telstra TV you purchase. The more you buy, the more fresh blockbusters or TV shows you get to watch on us! The credit will be applied to the same Box Office account you nominate during activation.
How long is the $125 credit valid for?
After redemption, you have 24 months to use your Telstra TV Box Office credit.
How do I find out how much credit I have remaining?
Your credit balance is visible in Settings/ Account menu on the Telstra TV Box Office website or application. Also, each time you transact on Box Office the remaining credit balance will be shown on screen.
What happens after I use all my credit?
Your preferred payment method will be used for all rentals or purchases when you have no credit left on your account. This is either your Telstra Bill or credit card, and is able to be changed under your account payment settings. This credit can be used on all Telstra TV Box Office platforms- web, iOS and Android devices, Telstra TV and selected Smart TV Panels.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.