Super fast loading. Ultra smooth gaming. Dynamic new worlds. It's all inside waiting. Here's what you need to know to get your brand new Xbox console set up.
This article will take you through how to set-up your new Xbox console, and how to activate your Games Pass Ultimate subscription. We’ve also put together a full guide to getting started with your new Xbox. Check out the guide >
Simple steps for setting up your Xbox
Ready to step up to next level gaming? Follow these steps to get connected and start playing:
- Plug the power cable into the power port on the back of your console (marked by a raised dot) and into your power supply.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your TV and plug the other end into your console’s HDMI port (marked by a raised dash). If you’re using the Xbox Series X, make sure you use the Ultra High Speed HDMI cable provided.
- Press the Xbox button to power up your console.
- Open the Xbox app on your mobile (you can download it from the Google Play or Apple App Store). Select Set up a console and enter the code that appears on your TV. Follow the app prompts to set up your language, location, profile and more.
- Insert 2 AA batteries into your controller and press the Xbox button to turn it on. Press and hold the Pair button on both your console and controller to connect the two.
That's it! You're good to game. Next stop – activating Game Pass ultimate. More on that below...
Need more help getting started? Check out the Xbox support guide for troubleshooting and support.
Activating Game Pass Ultimate
Once you've got your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X console humming, it's time to get access to all those amazing new games.
Your Games Pass Ultimate subscription is included in Xbox All Access. To activate it, just sign into your chosen Microsoft account on your new console and select the ‘claim it’ icon.
Once redeemed, you can access and manage titles in the My Games & Apps screen.
Your Games Pass Ultimate subscription will auto-renew every month for 24 months. After that, you'll roll over to a standalone Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription at the standard market rate.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.