Since its release in 2015, Telstra TV has changed the way many of us consume our favourite TV shows and movies at home. Now it’s time to take your home entertainment to the next level. Arriving 31st of October 2017, we are proud to announce the new Telstra TV.
Exclusive to Telstra Broadband customers, Telstra TV is the simple way to stream to your big screen. Enjoy movies fresh from the cinema on Telstra TV Box Office. Watch the best TV shows from Foxtel Now, Netflix, Stan, and more. Enjoy free to air TV and catch-up TV, all in one place.
So what’s new?
- An integrated live TV, catch-up and on-demand search function –The new ROKU POWERED Telstra TV gives you the ability to search for specific titles across live TV, free-to-air catch-up TV apps and major streaming services like Netflix, Stan, Foxtel Now and Telstra TV Box Office.
- A new-look, content-led home screen - The Telstra TV and Telstra TV App will be getting a new look home screen with featured content meaning that you can find TV shows and Movies that you love without having to open individual apps.
- Telstra TV App Updates - There will be several updates made to the Telstra TV App including Carousel Content Discovery, Electronic Program Guide, Live TV searching, Notifications and Reminders as well as updating the In-App Telstra TV Remote. Exclusive to Telstra Customers (see: Things you need to know)
- Blended free-to-air and on-demand experience – with the introduction of a free-to-air TV tuner, the new Telstra TV provides an integrated and centralised interface, featuring your favourite TV shows and movies all in one place.
- Access the content you love, at home and on the go – the Telstra TV App helps you to search, discover and watch a range of content via your compatible mobile. Easily find the content you love, use ‘My List’ to save movies and shows you want to watch later and even use the Telstra TV App as a remote control for your Telstra TV. For Telstra customers.
- Introducing ‘Telstra TV Recommends’ – discovering new movies and shows across all of your services has never been easier with the introduction of ‘Telstra TV Recommends’. Let us do the work and recommend some of the latest and greatest content from Telstra TV apps.
- Improved performance, powered by Roku –
- Quad-core MStar C2 chip processor
- HEVC Support (High Efficiency Video Coding) (content must be produced in this format)
- HDMI 2.0
- FTA Tuner (Free to air)
- 2160p 4K UHD resolution with HDR Support (4K viewing requires a 4K TV and the content being viewed must also have been produced in this format)
- 2GB of RAM
- 512Mb storage with microSD slot for additional apps storage
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Ethernet & USB connectivity
There are several ways in which you can purchase your new Telstra TV® online.
- Outright $192 RRP
- In a bundle where Telstra TV is not already included, as a repayment option for $8/mth over 24 months. Min cost. $192 (minimum cost is new Telstra TV device only)
- Included in our new Entertainment or Entertainment Plus bundles. When you stay connected for 24 months.
To find out more or to purchase the new Telstra TV online please head over to:
+ THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
From 31st October 2017 Telstra TV customers who are not connected through a Broadband connection not have access to the updated Telstra TV content-led home screen, remote pairing, or my list reminders and will also lose the current ability to search.
After October 31st 2017, customers who wish to revert back to the original styled interface, please go to “My Apps” in the left hand menu bar. This will show all installed apps in the previous app-grid format.
Telstra TV: Requires a compatible TV with a HDMI port. A minimum internet speed of 3.5Mbps is recommended. Antenna required to access free-to-air channels in your area. Subscription and data charges apply. Search not available across all apps.
The spectrum device, and ™ are trade marks and Telstra TV is a registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Ltd, ABN 33 051 775 556.
ROKU POWERED is a trade mark or registered trade mark of Roku, Inc in Australia, the United States, and other countries
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.