As a Telstra customer, the variety of options and online tools you have available to you make it easy to manage and pay your bills. But there’s no easier way than with Direct Debit.
Just how easy is it? Read on for how to set it up, but first here’s why you should set up Direct Debit to pay your Telstra bill.
No Unexpected Bill Surprises
Once you’re set up for Direct Debit we’ll let you know before we take out your next bill. We’ll also give you a simply way to check any additional charges. As always you can also query a bill you’re unsure about, in MyAccount and the My Telstra App.
Set it & Forget it
Once you’re all set up, there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought. Each month your amount due will be automatically debited from our account on your bills due date. That’s going to help you avoid late fees, and remove the need to queuing up to pay.
So that’s the why. And now that you’re no doubt chomping at the bit to get started, here’s how you get Direct Debit set up.
My Telstra App
To set up Direct Debit using the My Telstra App, sign in to the app using your Telstra ID and then:
- Select the Payments tab
- Select the billing account you want to set up direct debit for.
- Scroll down and select ‘ Setup direct debit’.
- Set a payment limit or leave this field blank to automatically pay the full amount of your bill each month.
- Select a payment method and fill in your bank/card details
- Tap submit.
To set up Direct Debit using My Account, head to my.telstra.com.au and log in using your Telstra ID. Once you’ve done that:
- Select “Set up direct debit” from the options located beneath your account balance on the right side of the page.
- From the Payments page you’ll now find yourself on, click the button that says “Set up direct debit”
- Choose the type of direct debit you require; Automatic or Fixed.
- Select your payment method, and tick the box to indicate you accept the Telstra Direct Debit Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your payment details and click “Submit”.
To set up Direct Debit without signing in to the My Telstra App or MyAccount you can follow this link, or alternatively navigate to Telstra.com and click on “Pay a bill” or “Manage account” from the options on the home page. From there:
- Click on “Set up direct debit” or “Set up or change direct debit” depending on which of the previous options you selected.
- Enter your Telstra account number and choose whether you are setting up a new direct debit, or updating an existing one.
- Fill out all required fields and then select the type of direct debit you require.
- Choose your payment method and tick the box to indicate you accept the Telstra Direct Debit Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your payment details and click “Submit”.
And there you go. You’re all set up for direct debit!
Telstra Plus Bonus Points Offer -Terms and Conditions
EDIT: This promotional offer has now ended
Telstra Plus, our customer rewards program, lets you earn points for every dollar you spend on your bill. But now it gets even better because when up to Direct Debit you can earn 50,000 bonus Telstra Plus points.
- Offer applies from 04/12/2019 until 31/01/2020, unless otherwise withdrawn or extended at Telstra’s discretion.
Eligibility of offer ('Eligibility Criteria'):
- Must be invited by Telstra in order to participate in the offer
- Must have an active Telstra Plus membership (Telstra Plus Terms & Conditions apply)
- Must have an eligible account: A Post-Paid billing arrangement that is not currently registered for Direct Debit, if you have more than one eligible billing arrangement, the offer will apply to each account where the ‘redemption conditions’ are met.
- Accounts with a pre-existing Direct Debit arrangement as at the start of the promotion are not eligible for this offer – i.e. customers will not become eligible for the promotion merely by removing Direct Debit and re-registering during the promotion period.
To Redeem the offer ('Redemption Conditions'):
- Meet the requirements of the offer (as described under 'Eligibility Criteria')
- Register your eligible account for Direct Debit according to the Direct Debit Terms & Conditions
- You can register for Direct Debit via any method that Telstra offers, including the Telstra 24x7 app, My Account and Telstra.com
- Have a successful Direct Debit payment made on your next bill after the Direct Debit is set-up
The points will be bestowed to your Telstra Plus membership when;
- You've successfully registered for direct debit for your eligible account, AND
- Your next bill is issued after direct debit is registered (this is determined by your bill cycle/bill period), AND
- Your first Direct Debit payment has been made in-full (you can see the direct debit payment date on the top section your bill)
- Note if you pay your bill via another method other than direct debit prior to your direct debit payment date, you will forfeit the Telstra Plus bonus points and they will not be bestowed.
- THEN We will bestow the Telstra Plus points to your membership within 14 business days of this first payment, which will reflect in your Telstra Plus Membership points balance.
- If you choose to cancel your direct debit arrangement within 3 Months, we may reserve the right to reverse these bonus points in accordance with the Telstra Plus Telstra Plus Terms & Conditions
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.