Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

NRL app closed but game audio keeps playing in background and won't stop on Android

Problem with the in nrl app.

When watching a live game I can close the app by swiping it away but game audio keeps playing in the background.

App playing notification is in notification bar.

Tablet is Samsung s5e.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smiley Happy

If I have helped please click Like! :-)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NRL app closed but game audio keeps playing in background and won't stop on Android

Hi @RobBris

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the NRL Live App. 

Are you able to close down the app completely to stop the audio instead of keeping it running in the background? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled to see if this assists? 

What version of Android is your device running? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Re: NRL app closed but game audio keeps playing in background and won't stop on Android

Hi @Kjorg see below. 

• Are you able to close down the app completely to stop the audio instead of keeping it running in the background? 

No. Audio keeps playing even though app is completely closed.

Looks like it's related to the radio feature. 

• Have you uninstalled and reinstalled to see if this assists? 

Unlikely to fix the problem I think. 

• What version of Android is your device running?

Android  9

@Kjorg What is your tablet?

Can you  reproduce it?

Thanks 

Highlighted

Ok @Kjorg I've worked it out I think.  I can stop it by long pressing the notification in the notification panel and then "cancel."

Not sure if "cancel" is the best wording? "Stop" makes more sense I think?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RobBris

Thank you for letting us know. 

I have an iPad tablet and was unable to reproduce the problem you were experiencing, which is why I asked you to attempt troubleshooting. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling is the first step to resolve any problem. 

Glad its working for you now. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Sorry for the slow reply @Kjorg. Thanks for the message and yes it's good to have it working. 

Just wondering, would you know is their a proper channel for suggestions for the app? As I mentioned, the notification button which is used by the app to stop the NRL radio could be changed a bit? Is there someone I could direct this suggestion to?

Thanks 😊

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @RobBris,

Thanks for your message.

All support for the NRL App is provided here on Crowd Support, we can forward any

suggestions/issues etc on to the applicable team. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit