Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Nrl app update

My nrl app is telling me to update but the update is not compatible with my iPad. How do I get around not updating the app. Every time I open the app it’s says to update it but I can’t.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nrl app update

There is no way around it. The app requires iOS11 as a minimum.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @OzzieP

Thank you for your post. 

As @Jupiter has mentioned, the NRL Live App is supported for iOS devices running iOS 11 or above, as per the terms and conditions

Unfortunately, if you are running an earlier version of iOS, we cannot guarantee that the NRL Live App will work as intended. 

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra can you please explain that why even though you say you cant guarantee it will work as intended why we can not get in at all it is stuck on the screen with please update, can you at least let us get past that and then if something fails it fails.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SD976

If the version of iOS your device is running is earlier than iOS11, your device unfortunately does not support the update for the NRL Live App.  

My apologies for any inconvenience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I understand that but why cant we still open and just the features that are new don't work?????? Why when I have a perfectly good ipad that i have cared for an looked after wont you at least still let us use the functions that work?
Highlighted

Considering the amount of people that now can not use the NRL app because of this issue - don't you think your developers could do something about it. One would have to assume you have shares with apple and IOS.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SD976

My apologies for the inconvenience, but there are many different factors involved in providing an update that is approved by Apple and iOS, and if they no longer support your version of iOS there is not much we can do. 

The technical team have been advised of this. 

Highlighted

That just not good enough - My elderly father loves his football and lives in SA and two years ago I got him on the app which allows him to keep up with all of his football - now either I have to find $1000 to buy him a new Ipad or he cant watch his beloved football anymore - you don't show the games on TV - not happy one very unhappy customer along with many others I assume. Has the NRL been advised what you have done?
Highlighted

herald sun did exactly the same thing and locked out lots of their subscribers . they gave everyone four weeks for free and then put out a patch so the app would work on older devices. Telstra and the NRL lockout lots of their supporters and couldn't give a crap. so much for Telstra customers being able to view all nrl and afl matches for free. the day before the NRL season starts update the app and lock out lots of fans. that's one way to ensure fast internet speeds ensure no one is using it

Highlighted

Thank you
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @OzzieP @SD976 @cpppo

Thank you for your patience with this one. 

A patch update was released this morning to allow users on iOS 10 and above to update and access the NRL Live App. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Highlighted

unfortunately like the majority of users locked out of NRL app my devices have iOS9 so despite being a long term overpaying Telstra customer and a NRL club Member ( for twenty years)  the only games I get to watch are free to air and I cant read any of the content,

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @cpppo

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the same fix for devices running versions of iOS 9. 

This operating system is simply no longer supported by Apple, the last iOS 9 release was in 2016.

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Highlighted

and is here is the big hole in your  story. apple haven't supported IOS9 since 2016 but the NRL app still worked  right up until the day before the season started (2019). if what your saying had any ounce of truth nothing would work on any device running iOS9 but guess what they do. Companies like the herald sun, supercell etc still let the apps run. billion dollar companies like Telstra and the NRL are willing to lock fans out over a couple of lines of programming ( it worked fine one day and not the next). I wasn't aware Apple owned either company. your the customer who runs on their platform ( not for free). I don't want support from Apple for my operating system like thousands of other NRL member/ fans/Telstra customers I just want your NRL app to work on my device which it did until the last update.  Guess what my Melbourne Storm app works just fine, why? because they value their members.

Highlighted

Hi telstra, It was easy enoughf for you to apply the patch. Please restore the correct app so it can work as was working before on ios9. And please don't insult our Inteligence, with childish explanations! NRL live, was included on the package sold to me by Telstra. Please don't ask me to upgrade my device!
Highlighted

Interestingly you speak of a fix but can you tell me what was broken in v9.3.5? Worked perfectly fine on my old iPad but now that you have fixed it....broken!  Even Microsoft allow backward compatibility after ceasing support for earlier versions of Windows.

Please restore the v9.3.5 version of the app and explain was broken that required a fix.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit