Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NRL Live Pass refund

Hi,

I renewed my NRL Live Pass on March 2nd, automatically. Obviously with Covid-19, there is no NRL. Can I have my money refunded? Or at least have extra months added on? Don't see why I paid for 12 months up front, if there won't be any NRL to watch live. Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL Live Pass refund

Hi @Shev7

Thank you for your post. 

All information we currently have about the Live Pass is in this post: https://tel.st/ygbfv

It will be updated as soon as we have further details from the app stores. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi, no that doesn't answer my question. Mine is not a month to month subscription. I paid for 12 months up front. Clearly, I won't be getting 12 months access. When I tried to get a refund from Google Play, I got a message to go to the app developer for the refund, that being Telstra. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Shev7

As is mentioned in the post I linked you to, we are currently working with the app stores.

Subscribers who purchased via Apple have had 60 days added to their annual subscription, and we are working with Google Play to organise the same.

I have no further information I can give. 

If you would like me to look further into a refund on our end let me know and I can send a private message to request further info. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

So, are you saying to just...... wait and see if Google Play agree to do similar? This is assuming, of course, the NRL resumes.....

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Shev7

No, I said that we are waiting to hear back from Google Play about what options we can put in place for customers.

If you don't want to wait for that, no worries. 

If you would like a refund, I can organise this by requesting further details, however this may take 4-6 weeks from our end as we don't have access to Google Play systems and have to wait for them. 

I've sent you a private message with the details needed to request a refund. 

Highlighted

Ok, thanks for your prompt responses. Great customer service. I think I'll take my chances on Google Play responding quicker than 4-6 weeks, rather than waiting on a refund. Will customers be contacted if/when Google Play have made a decision?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Shev7

We will continue to update CrowdSupport with any further information as soon as we recieve it.

However, you can send through the details I requested via private message and we can follow up on our end. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit