Level 2: Rookie

NRL Livepass not working.

The NRL Livepass only gives me a 2 minute preview on my tablet, even after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it via the My Telstra app. When the app loads and gives 2 option for the Livepass and I choose the login in as a Telstra customer option. My number is verified and when I return to the NRL Livepass screen, the 2 minute preview is still counting down

It works fine on my phone.

I installed the NRL Livepass on my wife's  tablet, tonight and it also works fine. I installed it the same way that I did on my tablet but get the full game, not just a preview. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL Livepass not working.

Hello @CJW57,

Sorry to see there have been issues accessing your NRL Live Pass.

The process to redeem a free live pass as a Telstra mobile customer requires your

Telstra mobile to be connected to Telstra's mobile network (turn off W-Fi) when the App is 

opened.

There will be an option to select 'Free for Telstra mobile customers', from there you are 

prompted to link the Live Pass to an NRL Account. It is then the NRL Account that is

used to sign in if you are not on your Telstra mobile.

It looks like you have redeemed the Live Pass on your mobile, but have not yet linked to

an NRL Account, or something went wrong in the process.

Please reinstall the NRL App on your Telstra mobile (via the App or Play Store, depending on whether you use

iOS or Android) and go through the process outlined above to redeem and link the Live Pass,

from there your login should work correctly on secondary devices.

Here is a video outlining the process that may be easier: https://tel.st/lrksg

Please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

I have uninstalled the NRL Official app and reinstalled the app about 15 times in the past week and I still only get a 2 minute preview. I installed it for the first time on my wife's tablet last night it worked fine, the first time. I click on the pink box in picture 2, it takes me to picture 3 and from there it goes back to the NRL site and I get the 2 minute preview that times down.

n

Community Manager

Hello @CJW57,

Thanks for those details.

Can I confirm that your Telstra mobile is connected to 4G? (not Wi-Fi). This is how the App

identifies you are eligible. If that doesn't help, clearing the App memory helps on Android

devices: settings>apps>NRL>storage.

A work around would be to link the Live Pass on your wife's tablet, head to More>NRL Account on her tablet,

provide an email address to link and then on your mobile select to log in rather than Telstra customer.

If nothing works please provide details of the device in use, and which version of iOS/Android it's running and 

we can investigate further. (Normally found in settings>about)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Aaron, yes I am using it via 4G and my WiFi has been switched off since lat Saturday. I have gone through the whole exercise again, as there is now a game playing. I logged in again as a Telstra customer, via the pink bar as per the picture I supplied earlier. It took me to the Telstra screen which showed my 0438 *** *** number. From there it went back to the NRL game screen, with a preview only. Under the game screen is a message which says " Subscibe to Livepass to continue watching". When I touch that box it goes to the screen with the pink bar and the process goes round and round. As I said earlier, I installed the NRL app on my wife's tablet last night and it worked fine first time. It also works on my phone.

Aaron, I am currently using  Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T515) with Android Version  9. This is only 3 weeks old. My wife is using  a similar Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T595) also with Android Version 9, my wife's tablet is more than 12 months old. I also have new  Samsung A71 phone, which it works fine on, this phone is also only 3 weeks old. The NRL Livepass also worked fine on my old Samsung S5, which the A71 replaced.

I have also tried using my Telstra I'd to login,  but I get the same result

Community Manager

Hello @CJW57,

Thank you for providing all of these details. The fact your phone is 3 weeks old indicates that

you redeemed the free Live Pass again, but still need to link to an NRL Account again.

An NRL Account and a Telstra ID are not the same thing, even if you use the same email address

for both.

Until you link the App (or re-link) on your Telstra mobile to an NRL Account you will not be able to access on your tablet.

Head to More>NRL Account on your Telstra mobile to link the Live Pass to an NRL Account.

Once linked, log in to your NRL Account on your tablet, do not select Telstra customer, this is only for

devices that have a Telstra sim card and are connected to 4G.

I would also suggest ensuring all app and system updates have been actioned on your new tablet as this can also cause issues

for new devices. Settings>system and Play Store>Menu>My Apps and Games>Updates.

1.  Aaron,  I have an NRL account. I followed through the "More" trail you suggested and when I clicked on the NRL Live Pass, in preferences,  it took me straight to the Telstra screen with the pink bar that logs in as a Telstra customer option. My tablet does have a Telstra SIM Card and is connected to the 4G network. I am sending this via the Telstra 4G network. I turned the WiFi off last Saturday. When I turn thr WiFi on,I get another option to login with my Telstra ID. When I do that I still end up at the game screen with the 2 minute preview.
  2. The app should be up to date as I only reinstalled it about 70 minutes ago.
Community Manager

Hello @CJW57,

Thank you for providing these details, this is the information I have been requesting

since my first message.

To clarify:

You have successfully redeemed the live pass, and successfully linked it to an NRL Account,

and can sign into that account on other devices.

The only device that cannot access the Live Pass is the new tablet, your phone and other devices

can access. This is whether you use the NRL account to sign in, or use the Telstra network via the sim card

in your tablet.

This rules out an account related issue,the next step is to troubleshoot on the tablet.

Please then check all updates have been actioned as previously advised.

Go to settings>apps>NRL>storage and clear all storage for the App. Then turn the tablet off for

at least 5 minutes, this will reset it's connection to the network when you turn it back on and try again.

Please let us know how you go

Aaron, I did as requested. I cleared the both the data and cache in the app and turned the tablet off for about 10 minutes. I turned it back on and opened the app. Same result, only the preview on the game screen.

Community Manager

Hello @CJW57,

Thank you, all that leaves is the system and app updates on your new

tablet and if still no luck I can escalate to the tech support team.

System updates generally need a Wi-Fi connection, and many apps will also

request to be updated over Wi-Fi. New devices often need several updates to catch up.

To check for system updates head to settings>system>system update, for app updates

(all apps, not just the NRL App, there are other apps the tablet needs to function correctly),

head to Play Store>Menu>My Apps and Games>Updates.

Once all the updates have been actioned, you will have done all the troubleshooting 

we can suggest, the only other thing I can think of is to put your mobile phone's

sim card in your tablet and see if that will allow the auto redemption.

Please let us know how you go updating your tablet.

Aaron, I swapped the SIM card in my tablet  with the one from my wife's tablet. At first her tablet, with my SIM card, showed the same issue then it cleared itself. My tablet, with her SIM card, worked  straight away. I swapped them back to their respective tablets  and both seem to be working as they should. I closed and reopened the app on my tablet several times after swapping the SIM card back and it appears to be working fine. I will wait until the next game is broadcast, before claiming victory. The next game starts at 5.30pm this afternoon.  Fingers will be crossed. 

Aaron,  I have closed and reopened the app a few more times, it worked fine each time, I even turned the tablet off for 2 minutes. I restarted the tablet, opened the app again and it is now working fine. Why would swapping the SIM cards work, when everything else wouldn't?

Community Manager

Hello @CJW57,

Glad to hear it's working again!

My best guess would be the plan the sim-card is on is not eligible for the free Live Pass.

It could also be network related as well, the other sim triggered the device to finally connect properly.

Regardless, you still should have been able to sign in with the NRL Account, you can have 5 devices

signed in at once attached to the same Live Pass so there is still an issue there.

If accessing by using the sim's works however at least we found the work around.

From my days working support in stores, Samsung devices need their updates when new, this often

fixed issues we came across, and may have helped as well as swapping the sims over.

Hopefully everything works properly from here on out, please let us know if there are any further issues.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit