Itsnotrocketfoo
Level 1: Cadet

App closing down

Everytime I've left the NRL app for a while, the app freezes and then shuts down and makes me reopen it from the beginning. If Optus operated a system like this SBS would take over.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: App closing down

Hello @Itsnotrocketfoo,

Thanks for your message, sorry to see you've had some issues with the app.

There is an update for Android devices coming that should help when the app 

is running in the background.

It would assist if you could please provide device details, it appears the issue only impacts certain

models or Android versions, letting us know any troubleshooting you've attempted (eg uninstall and reinstall) will also help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: App closing down

Update the app and then hard reset your device (google for your specific device, but normally something like hold volume down and power buttons until device vibrates). This will clear any residual data that is causing issues for the app.

If the app is still freezing after that, then it's either that there is a problem with the app, or your device is out of spec for the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit