Pmb793
Level 1: Cadet

NRL app will not open.

Nrl App on iPad ( Model ME406/A) (Version 10.3.4. 14G61) will not open. Message that a update is available with only option to hit "Update". Takes me to iStore where there is no update. Only the "Open" option which takes me back to the app with same "Update" message. Happened last year and no live footy for the first couple of weeks. Presume i have to wait to see if Telstra fixes the issue again? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL app will not open.

Hi @Pmb793

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the NRL Live App. 

Are you able to uninstall the app completely and reinstall from the App Store? 

I would also recommend turning your iPad off and then back on again before reinstalling the app. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Pmb793

I did turn iPad off and on. The app has been working fine the last couple of weeks where I watched the NRL trial games. It's only now that there has been a recent update put out that it won't work. Presumably it's the issue as last year. I'm running IOS10 and cannot update it any further. Last year Telstra made it for IOS 11 and up. But after many complaints on the radio NRL shows last year miraclously a new update/patch appeared and it worked again. As I stated the app has worked fine the last few weeks and allowed the free data tot watch games intil this mandatory update. Maybe it's just part of a strategy to try and limit the free data nrl games or hoping people will update their device through the telstra shore. There should be the option "Not" to update the app especially the dat before the first NRL round of the season.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Pmb793

Thank you for getting back to us. 

We're currently looking into this with the technical team and will get back to you as soon as possible with further information. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Pmb793

Are you able to please send us a screenshot of what you see when you open the NRL Live App in the app store? 

Are you also able to confirm if you uninstalled the app and tried again to install it? 

You didn't confirm this in your previous response and this is required troubleshooting. 

Thank you 

Pmb793

i have not uninstalled or reloaded app as is will no doubt tell me the app will not work on my operating system (10.3.4) this exact same problem happened last season and it was 2 weeks before a update patch was released. Then app worked fine again. Did not uninstall oe reload it last year either. 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Pmb793,

Thank you for letting us know those details.

The issues that you are experiencing are not the same as last year, as last season

when the NRL App launched the minimum supported version was iOS 11.

As you have noted support for iOS 10 was enabled again within a couple of weeks,

and the terms updated to reflect that iOS 10 was again supported.

This has not changed, the NRL App for season 2020 will continue to support iOS 10,

therefore it is likely some troubleshooting on your device will resolve the issue.

Step one is to reinstall the NRL App, although it is possible that further troubleshooting

may be required. If we are unable to resolve the issue troubleshooting, a private message will be sent

to collect details to investigate further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Pmb793

Thank you. I reinstalled the app and it is now working. I did notice that it now supports IOS10 again. Much appreciated. I really did think I was going through the same issue as last year with the update as it has been working over the last few weeks. Thank you so much for you help.   

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Pmb793,

That's great news glad to hear!

I admit when I first saw your post I suspected possibly the same, but have been assured by the tech support team that nothing has changed for season 2020. There does appear to be an issue with the updating process in the App Store though, yours has not been the only report of issues updating.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit