Aidangavin
Level 1: Cadet

NRL live app refund

Hello,

I am a Telstra mobile customer.

I have been paying 3.99 each week to telstra applications Melbourne au for the telstra NRL pass. After much hassle to me this morning I have managed to get the subscription cancelled as I don't want to pay to watch NRL after the NRL season has ended and there is no NRL to watch.

I have been charged for 3 weeks after the season is ended - I would like a refund. 

Also, it is not totally clear. But as someone on a telstra mobile plan (60/month) should this app be a part of my plan? If that is the case I would like the whole season's charges refunded.

Thanks,

Aidan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NRL live app refund

Hi @Aidangavin

Thank you for your enquiry, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with NRL Live Pass. 

If you're an eligible Telstra Mobile customer, the NRL Live Pass should indeed be free of charge.

I'd be happy to investigate this for you, I've sent you a private message to request further information

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a envelope icon. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the menu icon (top left), scroll to bottom & log in. Once you've done this, tap the menu icon again & scroll to the bottom until you see "Messages". This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kwu

Hi,

I've had the same problem as above. I figured out how to cancel my subscription using the crowdsupport links however I've been paying 3.99 per week since the grand final when there's no nrl to watch. I assumed telstra wouldn't charge a weekly fee after the season was over. Similar to above, I would like to get a refund.

Cheers
Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Kwu

Are you a Telstra Mobile customer? The NRL Live Pass is only available free of charge to Telstra Mobile customers. 

The NRL Live Pass is a weekly subscription service, which continues to charge until cancelled as per the terms and conditions, this continues whether or not the season has ended.

Unfortunately you are not eligible for a refund, but if you have cancelled your NRL Live Pass you will not recieve any further charges. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Kwu

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

After the grand final I logged in through the app and tried cancelling the subscription however it did not work. There was no number to call and to ask any questions I had to log in again and register before I could comment on this forum. Straight after the grand final, there were no posts in this forum of other users commenting that they could not cancel their subscription so it was difficult to stumble on the correct post that had the instructions to cancel. Admittedly, I should have put in more effort to contact you and post on the forum.

I believe I should get the refund
Kwu

I believe I should get the refund because it has been so difficult to cancel the subscription.**
Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Kwu

I would be happy to look into this further for you, I'll need some extra details though so I've sent you a private message to request those. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a envelope icon. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the menu icon (top left), scroll to bottom & log in. Once you've done this, tap the menu icon again & scroll to the bottom until you see "Messages". This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit