tifs1
Level 2: Rookie

$100 recharge voucher purchased tonight, but the voucher already used in May 2019?

Answered

I purchased a $100 recharge voucher from Woolworths a little over 2 hours ago and watched the customer service cashier print it out with my receipt. When I got home, I tried to recharge via #100# as well as my Telstra 24x7 account online and got the message the voucher is invalid. I talked to LiveChat, they verified the serial number and was told that my voucher had been used in May. They weren't able to tell who used the voucher.

What do I do now? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tifs1
Accepted Solution

Re: $100 recharge voucher purchased tonight, but the voucher already used in May 2019?

I spoke to Telstra support and they couldn't tell me what happened.  They verified the numbers and came up with the idea that the voucher had been suspended in May (how or why they could only guess at).  In the end, we received the $100 credit as a goodwill gesture.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: $100 recharge voucher purchased tonight, but the voucher already used in May 2019?

@tifs1 wrote:

I purchased a $100 recharge voucher from Woolworths a little over 2 hours ago and watched the customer service cashier print it out with my receipt. When I got home, I tried to recharge via #100# as well as my Telstra 24x7 account online and got the message the voucher is invalid. I talked to LiveChat, they verified the serial number and was told that my voucher had been used in May. They weren't able to tell who used the voucher.

What do I do now? Please help!

@tifs1 Has the voucher got the correct date/time on it for when your purchased it? If so, then that is proof enough and it should be honoured imho.

You could try support again explaining the discrepancies with the date/time versus being used in May and see how you go? 

If no luck then I would probably file a complaint https://tel.st/4amxg so a case manager can look into it for a refund.  

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The first thing to do would be to go back to Woolworths and tell them what has happened. They should either refund on the spot, or issue a new voucher.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
tifs1
Accepted Solution

I spoke to Telstra support and they couldn't tell me what happened.  They verified the numbers and came up with the idea that the voucher had been suspended in May (how or why they could only guess at).  In the end, we received the $100 credit as a goodwill gesture.

View solution in original post

Ozmoz

@tifs1 wrote:

@tifs1 I'm glad that it has been resolved in your favour :-)

I don't like the terminology that they used though, "goodwill", as that sounds to me that they don't fully except the blame, when in fact it was clearly a number issued that shouldn't have been. 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more