Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

$2 Sim Pre Paid Activation

Wonder if anyone been through this ? Purchase a $2 Sim plan, done activation via internet, but after 20 hours, status of my activation still show "In Progress". All efforts trying to contact Telstra futile and always asked to use My Telstra Apps. Issue is, i have no internet on my phone, no phone line in office, cannot download App on company laptop, only cabled internet. Is there anyway Telstra can be reached ? The Online Chat Codi is useless with standard answer that was not helping. No email for me to send to. Finally called them at 132200, was told its past 9pm and the activation team has gone home !!!!!!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: $2 Sim Pre Paid Activation

I’ve been having similar drama with them they are a joke, am overseas myself and am trying to get a SIM card that I had to get sent to me and I need to put my old number on it, but acourse you have to ring Telstra to do that and I’ve been ringing the overseas number to no avail and the money it’s cost me to listen to an answering machine is a joke in itself, so o am trying to talk to them three chat if u go into the help icon and click the blue message icon might help you but I’ve sent a messages myself in that and some reply’s and now no reply yet since probably 2 days 😓

Highlighted

They are definitely a joke ! Pathetic organization that has no responsibility. Received an email that try to market the My Telstra App over my message above ! Issue is, i cant even do anything. I've done the 1st move by purchasing the Sim, and yet they are still demanding me to to more to serve them in the way they want to serve customer and not serving the customer the way a decent customer expected to be served. Maybe their Customer Service department need to go down to the street and see how people looks like and what is the expectation and stop relying on consultant report to tell them how to drive the customer the way they wanted. We pay for them and ask them to served. Not pay them to teach us to learn how they want to serve customer !

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Unfortunately, if you can't get through on 132200 (or +61 439 125 109), the only other methods are the My Telstra app (which requires an Android or Apple device - there is no app for a computer), or send a message to the Telstra Twitter or Facebook accounts as they are being monitored as well.

Live Chat was disabled due the reduced staffing levels and it being a "Live Chat" system. The My Telstra messaging system allows the consultants to jump back and forth between customers rather than having to work on a single query at a time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Sent a message via Facebook. Same issue, asked me to refer to the apps. If i can't go on to the apps, i basically purchase a useless item by Telstra. I rather give the $2 to beggar on the street rather to Telstra that sell useless item. At least they will say thanks to me and appreciate me. I know the $2 is nothing to Telstra

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more