Jock16
Level 2: Rookie

Auto recharge failed.

Answered

The auto recharge on my prepaid phones failed. The auto recharge says it is still active and will recharge next month, and the debit card has money available. How do I find out what went wrong? I've lost all the credit I had built up - can the lost credit be re-added to the account?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Auto recharge failed.

Hi Jock,

If the card hasn't expired, hopefully a Telstra Employee will be able to work out what caused the Auto Recharge to fail. 

If you can't get through on the phone, then try Live Chat again or message and type "I want to speak to a consultant".

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Smiley3

Hi Jock16,

Has the debt cards expiy date expired?

You will need to contact Telstra to find out what went wrong and ask them if they can credit your Pre-Paid service the lost built-up credit. 

Try calling 132200....you might have trouble getting through though, or get redirected to send a message via the My Telstra App. 

You could try Live Chat 

https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing?pageId=https%3a%2f%2flivechat.telstra.com%2f

I'm not sure if you can send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone over WI-FI.

You could try messaging in the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

You can mark the message urgent by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the screen when you write your message. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It could take hours for the initial reply, you'll receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply to your message.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Jock16

Thank you.

The debit card is active until 2022.

I tried Live Chat, but the automated service could not under my question (tried several different ways of wording my question).

I will try ringing.

Cheers

Jock

Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Jock,

If the card hasn't expired, hopefully a Telstra Employee will be able to work out what caused the Auto Recharge to fail. 

If you can't get through on the phone, then try Live Chat again or message and type "I want to speak to a consultant".

View solution in original post

Jock16

As a follow up.

I spoke to a Telstra rep who was extremely helpful, but they could see no reason why the auto recharge had failed. They confirmed that the auto recharge was still active and barring the same 'glitch' would recharge as expected next month.

However, the $1,500 carryover credit was lost as the payment was late and cannot be restored. As it was the carryover credit keeping us with Telstra, there is now no reason to stay past the month that was just paid manually.

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers

Jock 

Smiley3

Hi Jock,

Thanks for the update....I was wondering how you got onSmiley Happy

It's not good to read that you've lost $1,500 at no fault of your own. 

That's one reason why myself and my relative's won't set up Auto Recharge for any of our Pre-Paid services....incase there's a stuff up at Telstra's end like you have unfortunately encountered.

If it was me, I'd be filling out the complaint form in the below link I've attached. 

You'll get get a case manager assigned to you...although the waiting time to be contacted is longer than usual due to COVID-19. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I'd be telling the case manager that you want your lost $1,500 reimbursed because it wasn't your fault that the Auto Recharge didn't work...there was a glitch in Telstra's system. 

Jock16

Hi Smiley3

thanks for the advice, and for the link.

I'll see how it plays out - as mentioned, perhaps it's a good to have a look around at the other options available.

Cheers

Jock

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more