JanGi
Level 1: Cadet

Automatic recharge

I have searched for hours and texted Telstra prepaid support but they cannot understand my question.  The only information that I can find was from 2016 and the link to Telstra which is supposed to show the information does not.  

I want to know if I set up auto recharge for e.g. 4th each month...what happens on day 28 which is when it is due for recharge?  I cannot find anywhere in Telstra where it clearly states that the additional 2 or 3 days will be covered i.e. I will not lose stored data and I will still be able to make calls.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Alan_G
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Automatic recharge

Same issue here & Im getting mixed messages from Telstra Social Media, Telstra Shop & Telstra on line chat.

I would like to see it in writing somewhere that these "extra"  1-3 days to see you over till next Auto Recharge  is actually part of T&C.

Given, in my opinion, Telstra changed Prepaid plans from 30 to 28 days to gain more $$ from customers im a little reluctant to trust them to "give' me "free" days 

I am also trying to clarify if my 200g of databank will carry over from my current Prepaid Complete plan to the new current one when im forced to change - Again mixed messages 

Perhaps someone from Telstra will see our posts and clarify the matter.

JanGi
Level 1: Cadet

Re the data and the new plan - I am interested to see what happens there as well.  Re the auto re-charge - my feeling is that we will get the “free days” but they don’t want to advertise it because of the $$$.  There is no 28 auto recharge so the only way to recharge is a particular day of the month.  I am going to give it a go.  If I have to start again then I will but I might just consider another company.  I really am almost done with Telstra.  Not just this but every single thing that I need to speak to them about eg home phone internet Telstra Foxtel etc etc is agonising takes hours and hours and multiple calls and escalation.  It is impossible.  I don’t want to make this into a b.... session about Telstra but just another straw on this camel’s back.

Alan_G
Level 2: Rookie

Just had a better than average On Line Chat with Telstra Pre Paid. 

I am told the Extra Days coverage till auto recharge date is correct.

I am also told my existing databank balance of 200 Gig  will transfer from current PrePaid Complete Plan to new PrePaid  plan when I am required to change (havent been notified when)

I asked for this to be confirmed in an email and the consultant said this will happen in next 12 hours

Fingers Crossed

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Automatic recharge extends the expiry out to a full calendar month.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more