Level 1: Cadet

call log

Answered

Hi. I need a big favour. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have court in a few weeks time & I'm needing a call log(incoming & out going calls) from my pre paid mobile phone. Can it be done? If it can, how far back can i go. Thanks Regards Glen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: call log

Outgoing calls for the last 5 months is relatively easy as you can do that by logging in to "My Account" and downloading the usage reports.

For anything prior to that, you will need to call 125 8887 and discuss with the consultants. I'm not sure how much data can be retrieved on PrePaids. There may be a cost involved in retrieving those records.

Incoming calls are a totally different matter as you don't get charged for them. They are not recorded by the billing system. I'm not even sure that you can access them with a request as it would breach the Privacy of the other parties involved.

You may be able to get the metadata records with a court order, but you will need to talk to your lawyer about that process.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: call log

Outgoing calls for the last 5 months is relatively easy as you can do that by logging in to "My Account" and downloading the usage reports.

For anything prior to that, you will need to call 125 8887 and discuss with the consultants. I'm not sure how much data can be retrieved on PrePaids. There may be a cost involved in retrieving those records.

Incoming calls are a totally different matter as you don't get charged for them. They are not recorded by the billing system. I'm not even sure that you can access them with a request as it would breach the Privacy of the other parties involved.

You may be able to get the metadata records with a court order, but you will need to talk to your lawyer about that process.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more