BlackSnake
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot recharge

Why can I not recharge my phone? It keeps telling me my credit card is no good or find another method. There is plenty of credit on the card and I have tried three different cards, nothing will work. You cannot chat to anyone anymore, not details of anyone to contact for help. I'm still waiting on a reply from the rewards people that I was promised three weeks ago and still hasn't come. What is wrong with Telstra??? (apart from the obvious).........I need to top-up my phone.....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot recharge

How are you trying to recharge (My Telstra app, https://recharge.telstra.com.au. #100#)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jebz
Level 4: Private Eye

I'm having exactly the same trouble. I tried online with credit card it said failed try a different method so I tried PayPal it also responded the same. I tried the MyTelstra APP it also failed.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you jebz, I have sent you a PM. - Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jebz
Level 4: Private Eye

After trying with a credit card online and with the APP, and also online with PayPal I noticed emails from PayPal where Telstra had returned the PayPal transaction.

I then disconnected WiFi from my mobile and Tried the APP again with a credit card and this time was successful. The APP also populated "my Services" with the newly updated devices. Previously only the device on an original plan was correctly displayed.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more