Robapayne
Level 2: Rookie

Change to prepaid casual plan

Hi I’m currently on the long life plus plan but would like to change to the new prepaid casual plan. Now when I try to do this online it only comes up with the old prepaid complete plan as the only option. 

I have message Telstra online but man they have not got a clue and keep asking me if I want to change to the complete plan.

So how do I go about doing it? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Change to prepaid casual plan

Hi Robapayne. 

Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to change over?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Robapayne, Just checking in to see if you needed a further hand? - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Robapayne,

Telstra brought out the Pre-Paid Mobile plan and the Pre-Paid Mobile Casual plan in February 2021, these plans are on a new system that Telstra is using.

Any Pre-Paid mobile plan that a customer is on before this date is on Telstra's old system. This is why Pre-Paid customer's (including myself) don't see the option in their Account to change to 1 of the current Pre-Paid plans.

Telstra are in the process of moving Pre-Paid customer's that are on old Pre-Paid mobile and Pre-Paid broadband plans to the current new system's plans.

I spoke to a Telstra Pre-Paid consultant over the phone in February 2021 after the current Pre-Paid mobile phone plans came out. I asked "how do customer's change to the current plans when we can't see them in our Account?". The reply was "you can either wait until Telstra moves you to the equivalent current plan on the new system, or get a new SIM that will be activated on the new system".

I'd suggest visiting a Telstra store (if possible) with ID to prove you own the service and ask them to replace your current SIM with a blank SIM. This way your current mobile phone number will be transferred to the new blank SIM.

Hopefully then you'll have the option to change to the current Pre-Paid Mobile Casual plan. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Robapayne
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply, looks like I will wait till they move me over.

Smiley3

Hi @Robapayne,

You're welcome Smiley Happy

You should receive an email or sms from Telstra at least 30 day's prior to your Pre-Paid plan being changed, showing the date it will be changed and the Pre-Paid plan it will be changed to. 

Telstra started changing or notifying customer's in December 2020.

Myself and 7 of my relative's that are on Pre-Paid mobile plans haven't received a notification yet. Telstra expects to notify customer's in 6 month's from December 2020 to move all Pre-Paid mobile customer's to the new system, but I think it will take longer than that.

The below is a link that a customer received in their email notification they received when Telstra notified them that their Pre-Paid mobile plan was changing to the Pre-Paid Mobile plan.

In the Frequently Asked Questions you'll see where Telstra are planning to notifying customer's over a 6 month period. 

We’ll be progressively updating our customers’ Pre-Paid plans over the next six months so your family members can continue using their service as normal. We will get in touch via SMS or email when their update is approaching, but rest assured we will provide at least 30 days notice before we make any change. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzJQMDAwMDA0d2lQMlFBSQ==

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
hyppolyte
Level 8: Inspector

Thanks @Robapayne@TommyR@Smiley3 

This information has answered the question I spent 2 hours on in messaging yesterday with no definitive outcome.

Education by osmosis is my preferred option

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more