Maki
Level 2: Rookie

Changing pre-paid plan from Simplicity to LongLife

Answered

Hi, I'm on Simplicity plan and thinking to change it to LongLife. I have around $60 credit and its expiry date is next month. If I change plan now and recharge $70, will my $60 credit have same expiry date as $70 credit? I was thinking it would be as the website saying "Recharge before your credit expiry date and rollover your unused recharged credit", but 24x7 char person said no, the $60 credit will be expired next month. Would you be able to explain why my credit cannot be rolled over?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing pre-paid plan from Simplicity to LongLife

In fact a lot of people do it the other way around.

Recharge on Long Life so they get the long credit expiry, then switch to Simplicity for the cheaper PAYG rates. Best of both words 🙂
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3

Hi Maki,

What you have been told by the 24/7 chat is incorrect. 

If you recharge now and change to the Longlife plan, your $60 credit Will rollover. As long as you recharge before the expiry date. 

I and my relatives have changed Prepaid plans numerous times in the past and our credit has always rolled over.

Just make sure you change your plan first before you put your recharge on. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Kalak
Accepted Solution

In fact a lot of people do it the other way around.

Recharge on Long Life so they get the long credit expiry, then switch to Simplicity for the cheaper PAYG rates. Best of both words 🙂
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Maki
Level 2: Rookie

sorry for late reply and thank you for your advise. it helped me a lot.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more