Level 1: Cadet

Comparing prepaid options for my BYO mobile phone and is it eligible for data share

Hi all.

Amaysim has some attractive offers. But as a current Telstra customer, I decided to look here, to see what deals I could find. Am I reading this correct?

"15¢ calls – per minute (or part) to standard Australian numbers and from 5¢/min (or part) to standard international numbers" 

That does actually say "15c calls to standard Australian numbers and 5c per minute to standard INTERNATIONAL numbers", doesn't it? Well, in short.. that's what it reads..?

How is that fair...? 

So the second part of this question was: Is my prepaid phone (which will be used by our daughter in case of emergency),

an eligible service that I can use data share?(which is my main mobile, on a fixed plan)

I also need to read up on how to add family members to our family plan... which we have never used.....

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Telstra is expensive. I don't know how Telco's work, but I imagine that Amaysim would have to pay for cellular access through Optus? So I would like to understand how Amaysim can afford to offer amazing deals, whereas with Telstra, I always feel like I'm paying far too much.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more