Rebecca110
Level 3: Gumshoe

Customer service is non existent and

Answered

Has anyone else spent 8wks trying to get an actual real live person with a heart beat and a voice to actually acknowledge you and help with your issue, with no communication from Telstra at all or acknowledgement, no reply to chat support no acknowledgement of lodged complaints, no reply to emails, you can't ring despite trying 100s of times bcoz they just say we think you would prefer to use the link we are sending you goodbye, and yes that's why I rang, to get hung up on because stupid me I didn't know I would prefer to use the link, lucky they tell me because when you can't resolve the issue with the link which you already knew thats why youve been trying to speak to someone for 8eks so when the tell you again you would prefer to use the link we are sending you you try different numbers and just give random responses you know will get you to a real person who can transfer the call tothe person you have been trying to get to help with issue, but after 2hrs on hold and you've been disconnected after being transferred to the wrong department 4x then disconnected call and why would they call back,, so 8wks, 100shrs trying to get someone to help with the issue, lodged complaints, nothing at all to indicate Telstra givea a **bleep** about its customers, so ive been trying to resolve issue with the app and guess what after an hour still no options to help at all. Has anyone got any advice on dealing with the worst company in Australia by far and how to get them to acknowledge a customer and asait in resolving an issue that was very important 8wks ago when i intially tried to get assistance from tels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Customer service is non existent and

Hello Rebecca

If you have lodged complaints over 8 weeks with no response,  it would not be unreasonable to contact the TIO.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello Rebecca

If you have lodged complaints over 8 weeks with no response,  it would not be unreasonable to contact the TIO.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Rebecca110
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thank you, problem is I have lodged a complaint with telstra numerous times and have now lodged one with the ombudsman, but problem still remains that I have tried every available platform for trying to get someone from Telstra to actually address my issue and help resolve it, I have been calling everyday, everytime unsuccessful in talking to someone, using chat, never gets back to me, have emailed, kept trying to call sometimes have used up 4hrs on hold while being transferred to wrong departments or disconnected call, it's all well and good to lodge a complaint with ombudsman but in the meantime I actually have an issue with my account that needs addressing quite urgently, it was urgent 8wks ago and I have got no customer service from Telstra at all despite being a customer that needs help resolving a issue with my account 🙄 any advice on how to get Telstra to do their job and communicate with me would be very appreciated!

rotund
Level 1: Cadet

Same here...Telstra support is utterly USELESS !!!! I have been overcharged and no explanation on the bill. I can't contact any support, real body or robot.

Cranky16
Level 2: Rookie

In response to the lack of response I cancelled my account. Surprisingly that all happened over the chat within about 4 hours!  Of course this left me without any service at all ( which wasn’t much different) but now I have waited over 5 months for the refund from my last month’s charges. There does not appear to be a way to refund. Last week I was told a cheque would be sent. This week I was told they no longer send cheques as of a month ago!!  That operator ‘promised’ me someone would call back ‘from today’ which I can assume means any time from today onwards, and they could not say when that would be. 
DISGRACEFUL

bud4

I have the same issue no real person to talk to and no response typical

Cranky16
Level 2: Rookie

You can call them?  Every time I call it directs me to the chat and hangs up!!!

kodster

I've got the same problem, for weeks now, no point being frustrated, I am going to switch to something else Smiley Sad

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more