Wildy1
Level 2: Rookie

data amount from prepaid incorrect

Answered

I just recharged my wifi mobile modem with $40, I expected to see a data amount of 35GB added to my account, however I was only credited 12GB. Is this correct, or is there an issue somewhere? I have tried multiple calls to various numbers and have left a message on the Telstra FB page with no success. Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wildy1
Accepted Solution

Re: data amount from prepaid incorrect

ok thanks Smiley3, I must've been reading the data + calls recharge plans. I have found what you are referring to and I think you are correct. Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Wildy1,

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a $40/ 35GB recharge for a Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan. 

I've seen $50/ 35GB or $30/ 12GB.  If you put a $40 recharge on it would downgrade to $30/ 12GB.

There is a $40/ 35GB for the first 3 recharge's on the Pre-Paid mobile phone plan.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Wildy1
Accepted Solution

ok thanks Smiley3, I must've been reading the data + calls recharge plans. I have found what you are referring to and I think you are correct. Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

Smiley3

Hi Wildy1, 

You're welcome Smiley Happy

If you recharged by selecting your mobile broadband service through your My Telstra Account online or the My Telstra App on  your mobile phone with a Credit Card it probably wouldn't have the $40 recharge option to choose. 

If you recharged with a $40 recharge voucher it would let you recharge that amount even if your Pre-Paid plan doesn't have that option to choose, as it would give you the Data value of $30 recharge. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more