Dragonfly2287
Level 1: Cadet

Data Bank

Answered
Can I use my saved data in the Data Bank overseas in Singapore to use online apps? Or is it possible to transfer the data from the data bank to extra credit or something like that? Because it's the last month I can use my Telstra pre paid card and it would be a pity to leave the saved data in the data bank unused.
Thank you very much for your help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Bank

Hi Dragonfly2287,

No, you can't use your saved data in your Data Bank in Singapore. 

All recharge inclusions are only for use in Australia. 

You'll find the wording in the below link under the Extra Credits in a recharge value.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Dragonfly2287,

No, you can't use your saved data in your Data Bank in Singapore. 

All recharge inclusions are only for use in Australia. 

You'll find the wording in the below link under the Extra Credits in a recharge value.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Dragonfly2287

Okay thank you Smiley3.
So there is no possibility to switch the data bank to a recharge code or voucher or something like that? Maybe like this: I give 30 gb from the data bank back to Telstra and get a $30 voucher? This would be really helpful as I can't use the data bank after 10th march anymore because I don't come back to Australia Smiley Sad
Smiley3

You could try speaking to the Pre-Paid team on 132200 to see if there's anything they can do.

It's worth a try...but be prepared that they'll say you won't be able to give back Data in exchange for a recharge voucher.
Dragonfly2287

Okay thank you very much. I'll try it.
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dragonfly2287,

Just checking in to see how you went with the advice you'd received here from the crowd?

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dragonfly2287

I didn't call the number yet, but it was a very good hint Smiley Wink
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

I do hope you get the answers you need -Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more