Paul212
Level 1: Cadet

Data bank

Why am I using my data bank when I still have 50.024GB left on my current plan. According to the app I had 200gb in my data bank but a few days later in now have 198.7GB left.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Data bank

Hi Paul212,

Had you recently put a recharge on when you noticed the Data Bank data had decreased?

Sometimes there's a delay in deducting data from the Data Balance on your Pre-Paid service.

If you had used all of your previous recharge's included Data then it would start coming out of the Data Bank....if there was a delay it could have already been allocated in the system to come out of the Data Bank. 

I've had 200GB banked in my Data Bank for at least 8 month's and I've never seen my Balance go under 200GB (I don't use all of my included Data per recharge).

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Paul212
Level 1: Cadet

My last recharge was  mid November.

Smiley3

So I'm presuming in mid November you put the $150/ 6 months recharge on, then the Data you use now shouldn't be coming out of the Data Bank.

It is strange...there must be a glitch in your Account. 

You'd have to contact Telstra for them to look into this and hopefully get someone who knows something about how the Data Bank works. You could try calling 1258887 (for Pre-Paid) or 132200...but you might not be able to get through due to COVID-19.

Telstra's preferred contact method is sending a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone ( blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. It could take hour's for an initial response to your message, you should receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more