Level 1: Cadet

data share sim

Answered

I have a prepaid mobile phone and a 4G mobile broadband device on a plan. Is it possible to get a data share sim for my phone so that I can access the data allowance on my broadband device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: data share sim

Hi Wombat, data sharing or rather Data sharing sims have to be associated with a Telstra Go Mobile, Mobile Accelerate or Everyday Connect Plan, which of course are post paid mobile phone plans.

Obviously you post paid 4G mobile Broadband device wouldn't be apart of one of those plans.

For data share if practical, you'd need to change your pre paid phone over to a post paid contracted plan.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/share-your-data#content_herorow

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Wombat, data sharing or rather Data sharing sims have to be associated with a Telstra Go Mobile, Mobile Accelerate or Everyday Connect Plan, which of course are post paid mobile phone plans.

Obviously you post paid 4G mobile Broadband device wouldn't be apart of one of those plans.

For data share if practical, you'd need to change your pre paid phone over to a post paid contracted plan.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/share-your-data#content_herorow

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jeff,

I rather thought that would be the case.

Cheers, and I'll sign your kudos thingy,

Les

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more