BearJulia
Level 1: Cadet

Disappeared data

Having charged $300 0n 7/1/21. With 150 Gigabytes of data.
In 16 /1/21 Saturday morning, I have found My 142 G disappeared over night.
I try to check usage history from Telstra apps but there is any . Or I should say there is no any history at all in  Telstra apps since i recharged my phone. 
Please advise where and how to get my data back. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Disappeared data

Hi BearJulia,

Sometimes the My Telstra App won't load any usage for a Pre-Paid service. 

Are you able to see your Data usage when you log into your Telstra My Account?

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview

You will need to contact Telstra Pre-Paid on 1258887 or 132200, although you might have trouble getting through. 

If you can't get through on those numbers then you'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. It could take hours for the initial reply. You'll receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply to your message.

They'll be able to look into this and credit the Data back to your Account if they believe that you didn't actually use the Data. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
BearJulia
Level 1: Cadet

Disappeared data

I have recharged $300 0n 7/1/21. With 150 G data. On 16 /1/21 Saturday morning, I have found My 142 G data disappeared over night. I try to check usage history but it is not available from Telstra apps. Till now , no one back to me and find my disappeared data.
History usage: I have used 1.62 GB of my data 17 Jan 2.2MB 16 Jan250.8MB 15 Jan380.6MB 14 Jan358.9MB 13 Jan544MB 12 Jan111.8MB 11 Jan10 Jan3.5MB 9 Jan2.2MB 8 Jan1.4MB 7 Jan2.2MB 6 Jan And remaining data is 5.33 GB.

Where my 142 data gone over night. Resent on 19 January Telstra message is useless. Resent 4 days and still no reply.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Disappeared data

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems.

You will need to either:

• Call 1258887 or 132200, very difficult to get through.
  • Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the question, type "speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It will normally take a few hours to get a response, and you get a notification through the app when someone does respond. You can also mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right of the messaging screen.
  • Lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints It can take 5 business days to receive a response.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more