JonSo
Level 1: Cadet

Extremely long wait time for prepaid sim actvation

I tried activating a prepaid sim card last Thursday, on the 11th March, and I have since received no news about it other than the confirmation screen. No email, no confirmation order number. The prepaid card was not activated, for almost a week until yesterday, the number transferred as I requested to transfer my old number from Optus, but the data and call function is still not working as I can only receive calls. Over the past week, I have been in contact with your service department through your mobile app, but so far no one has been able to provide me with any clear instructions or resolution, all I got is being constantly asked to keep waiting, or for an order number which I never had, and this is getting ridiculous. I need my data and mobile number for both my work and study, and this is causing me a lot of stress and inconvenience. While one of your service team promised through the app chat that Telstra will compensate me for a new sim that I purchase to use before the issue is resolved, when I message again with another person, there is no longer mention of that, and I just get passed around to different having to describe my situation again and again while no one is able to help. Therefore, I am just wondering if anyone knows any proper resolution to this issue, it has already caused me a full week of inconvenience and I need it resolved ASAP. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Extremely long wait time for prepaid sim actvation

Hi JonSo, did you get this one activated in the end?

You mentioned you didn't have an order number, are we sure the order was placed if you weren't provided with a reference for it?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more