Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Forward payment on a prepaid plan

Answered

Hi There,

I Yesterday I received my prepaid SIM which cost $19 discounted from $30 for first month.

I also paid another month in advance of $30.00 however this payment does not show up anywhere. my receipt shows expiry 19/9/20 but I have actually paid until 17/10/20.

I have tried to send emails tried to call but I cannot get any satisfaction.

If anybody can shed any light on this matter it will be greatly appreciated.

I am a brand new customer with Telstra however, I am afraid with this very poor customer service I may soon be an ex Telstra Customer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Forward payment on a prepaid plan

Hi Smiley for this information.

I will be contacting Telstra requesting an extension if Not it is off to the TIO.

Before I sigfned up I made exhaustive enquiries and one of the enquiries was if I could prepay in advance. The CSO told yes it was possible, I believe the conversation has been recorded.

Hmmmmmm - Interesting Concept.

Now I think that I am starting to regret joining Telstra

Thanks

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

With Telstra Pre-Paid if you recharge before the expiry date of your last recharge any day's that you recharged early will be forfeited (meaning that you'll lose those day's).

There are only two Recharge's that give you multiple month's of use on the Pre-Paid Complete plan.

The $150/ 6 month's and the $300/ 12 month's....and if you recharge before the expiry date of these two you'll still lose any remaining day's that you had.

You could try contacting Telstra Pre-Paid on 1258887 to see if they'll extend all the expiry dates (expiry of unlimited calls and text, Data expiry date and they'll need to add another $5 Extra Credit to your Account) as you are a new Pre-Paid customer's and didn't know that you'd lose day's by recharging early. 

You can also send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

With Telstra Pre-Paid if you recharge before the expiry date of your last recharge any day's that you recharged early will be forfeited (meaning that you'll lose those day's).

There are only two Recharge's that give you multiple month's of use on the Pre-Paid Complete plan.

The $150/ 6 month's and the $300/ 12 month's....and if you recharge before the expiry date of these two you'll still lose any remaining day's that you had.

You could try contacting Telstra Pre-Paid on 1258887 to see if they'll extend all the expiry dates (expiry of unlimited calls and text, Data expiry date and they'll need to add another $5 Extra Credit to your Account) as you are a new Pre-Paid customer's and didn't know that you'd lose day's by recharging early. 

You can also send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

"Don't Believe what you Hear and Believe half of what you see"

"Read Everything before you do Anything"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hi disillusion, 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Smiley for this information.

I will be contacting Telstra requesting an extension if Not it is off to the TIO.

Before I sigfned up I made exhaustive enquiries and one of the enquiries was if I could prepay in advance. The CSO told yes it was possible, I believe the conversation has been recorded.

Hmmmmmm - Interesting Concept.

Now I think that I am starting to regret joining Telstra

Thanks

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi disillusion, 

"Don't Believe what you Hear and Believe half of what you see"

"Read Everything before you do Anything"

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Smiley3 Thank you for the tips and information.I did speak to a human at Telstra and yes my prepayment was extended with a few days extra added in.

However as soon as the prepaid period is up I am going back to OPTUS, why, because their Customer Service although not perfect is WAY so much better than Telstra. It may cost me $6 per month extra but the customer service alone is worth that $6.00, whereas with Telstra they make it Oh So Difficult to speak with a Human and Push Push Push you to use their useless and incompetent On line Systems.

Again Thanks

Highlighted

Hi disillusion,

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the outcome.

I'm glad you could speak to a human and get your date's extended. 

I don't blame you for going back to Optus.

Since COVID Telstra's customer service has been terrible.

I prefer speaking to a human than having to use their messaging system in the App.

I have a spare Pre-Paid SIM with Vodafone.....incase Telstra's mobile service is down (which has happened in the past).

I needed to speak to their Pre-Paid team 3 months ago. I thought I'd have trouble getting through to speak to a human because Telstra customer's were having so much trouble doing so.

I was pleasantly surprised....after listening to their robot talk I was put straight through to a helpful human.Smiley Happy

I have been a Telstra Pre-Paid customer for many year's and have been given misleading information from Telstra Employee's multiple times over those year's Smiley Sad

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Hi Smiley, I was a Telstra Customer for many years, due to their incompetence and Lack of Empathy and refusal to carry out proper testing (I had to tell them what the problem was with my Landline) I left them. I decided to give them another go, but unfortunately it appears there has been no change in their attitude.

I have better things to do than hang onto the phone for hours, battle through their "Bot" systems to get some assistance and correct information.

I hope that some "Bright Spark" from Telstra reads this post, but as usual nothing will be done to improve their dreadful Customer Service.

Thanks and all the best

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more