Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do I change from Post-paid to pre-paid & keep same number

Answered

Please advise how to change from a post-paid mobile to a pre-paid mobile and keep my same number -  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change from Post-paid to pre-paid & keep same number

Hi Frame-50, 

You can do this by visiting a Telstra store.

I think you'll have trouble getting through on 132200 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/change-service-to-pre-paid-post-paid

You'll be able to keep your number and use the SIM you're currently using.

You can also send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

A Telstra Employee will reply as soon as they can.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Frame-50, 

You can do this by visiting a Telstra store.

I think you'll have trouble getting through on 132200 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/change-service-to-pre-paid-post-paid

You'll be able to keep your number and use the SIM you're currently using.

You can also send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

A Telstra Employee will reply as soon as they can.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How exactly can we visit a store when they are currently closed with the awesome lockdown  in Victoria!? I live in Melbourne and need to change my service from post-paid to pre-paid. I have already spent hours today attempting to get through to Telstra via phone and online chat and have got nowhere! 

This is seriously a disgrace. There has basically been no online chat for over 4 months now and for a company as big as Telstra this is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I know for a fact, that much smaller service providers like Amaysim offer these services at the moment, yet Telstra can't??

I need help with this ASAP.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more