euroscug
Level 1: Cadet

How do I contact Telstra using a PC

Frustrating is a mild word to use for Telstra's total lack of any way to contact them on a PC about my mobile modems.

Once there was chat and now there is messaging. But where does one message? There is a circular route that takes one nowhere.

They show total contempt for their customers, such a long way away from when their chat contact was the best around..

If anyone can send me a link or anything to solve this dilemma I would appreciate it.

Euroscug

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do I contact Telstra using a PC

It is not easy to get through online as Livechat is usually offline.

For messaging, go into the My Telstra app on your mobile and then go to the Get Help tab and tap on the blue icon in the bottom right of the screen.

If the bot doesn't understand your query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will receive a notification through your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

There should be a 'Message Us' button down the bottom..  it is pretty much the same as the Codi Carousel...  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Wk08
Level 3: Gumshoe

SteveW_52

Did you forget to write it down?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
euroscug

Thanks for you reply.

This messaging service is totally useless. There are a limited set of questions it can answer and when this is exhausted it goes back to step one.

Chat was good and got things sorted faster than phoning, but like all companies less workforce means bigger profit, they must be making a bucket load of money.

Shame really, as they were a good with fast reliable service now they are clunky and virtually uncontactable save by a very slow call serve.

SteveW_52

In the My Telstra app chat..  you can type in "Consultant" or "Talk to a Consultant", in the top right click on the 3 dots and select 'Mark As Urgent" and the click on Send. That will put you into a queue for a messaging chat session..  it can take a while to get a response but if you are using the My Telstra app, provided you don't log out and do have notifications enabled, you can close the app and wait for the response..

Stevo 52
euroscug

Thank you for your reply, I have progressed like swimming through treacle, and finally after waiting 90 mins talked to a human being. As a result I have received 3 out of the 5 unlocking codes. Why only three is again beyond me, maybe there is a daily quota!

So I now need to check where the other 2 are.

It seems as if it is next to impossible to resolve this on a PC, and yet we are talking about modems not phones that are used for PCs.

As the message window has none of the dots you are talking about, I assume this is on a phone app.

So yet another obstacle...

SteveW_52

I did say "In the My Telstra app chat..."

Stevo 52

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more