Level 4: Private Eye

How long to process a refund for Pre-Paid Credit?

Hi Folks, 

After reading this news item https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/services-kb/we-re-phasing-out-a-few-pre-paid-features/ta-p/89... I lodge a request for a refund of my outstanding pre-paid plan credit as the revised pre-paid plans are no longer suitable to my needs.

How many days can I expect before the refund request is processed?  I don’t mean how long until I get the money, I mean how long before my current plan ceases to function because the refund request has been actioned.

I lodged the request for refund via the Telstra website on 19 September.  Apart from the website responding to say my request had been lodged I have received no formal confirmation that the process is in train.  How do I check that my request has in fact been received and is being processed?

A confirmation email or text message would be nice.

Cheers,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 2: Rookie

Re: How long to process a refund for Pre-Paid Credit?

I am looking for the exact same answer!

Have you received any notification of the refund is being processed yet? 

I have chat to 6 people and no one able to answer me via the live chat. I wasted a week on this and its the only channel to reach to Telstra at the moment.... 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @CcJc, it can take up to 14 business days for this to be applied. When did you request this? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hi @TanashaM , request was submitted on the 18/9/20. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @CcJc can you please send us a private message with your reference number for this?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

I have the same confusion as well. No claim reference number, no confirmation. Got no idea when I can expect they start processing my request. Two weeks already

@rockoyster wrote:

Hi Folks, 

After reading this news item https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/services-kb/we-re-phasing-out-a-few-pre-paid-features/ta-p/89... I lodge a request for a refund of my outstanding pre-paid plan credit as the revised pre-paid plans are no longer suitable to my needs.

How many days can I expect before the refund request is processed?  I don’t mean how long until I get the money, I mean how long before my current plan ceases to function because the refund request has been actioned.

I lodged the request for refund via the Telstra website on 19 September.  Apart from the website responding to say my request had been lodged I have received no formal confirmation that the process is in train.  How do I check that my request has in fact been received and is being processed?

A confirmation email or text message would be nice.

Cheers,

just wondering whether you got response from Telstra for the refund request? I'm still waiting

@CcJc wrote:

I am looking for the exact same answer!

Have you received any notification of the refund is being processed yet? 

I have chat to 6 people and no one able to answer me via the live chat. I wasted a week on this and its the only channel to reach to Telstra at the moment.... 

did you get the problem solved? I'm worrying about my request. 3 weeks since requested the refund, but seems no one processing my request yet, have no idea how going on

Hi Fortunette,

Unfortunately, I am still waiting and every Rep I have spoken to will somehow lean toward there is a wait of 6 weeks as it somehow stated "will take up to 6 weeks for the cheque to be received". I thought from that statement means is how many backlog is there so it is an estimated timeframe.  Meanwhile, I received no notification of refund has been processed.  It will be my 6th week next week which I am going to lodge a complaint if there is still no news. I have gotten too tired and spent too much time on the live chat. I saw some posts here said they have successfully transferred their refund as credits to their Telstra account via the live chat. 

Support Team
Support Team

We normally provide a refund directly into your bank account. This is our preferred method. We can also give a refund by cheque, or transfer the amount to another Telstra account. Refunds to your bank account can take up to five business days after they are processed by our refunds team. Cheque refunds may take 10-14 business days. With the impacts of the past months, there may be a longer than usual delay though. You can find more information about this here 

If you need assistance with getting this arranged, I'd suggest speaking with us via the Telstra app so we can help you further. If they're unable to resolve, they will escalate this further for you. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

thx a lot, well, I'll give it six or eight weeks, if nothing happens then I will lodge complaint, not gonna waste time using whatever app chasing around in an endless circle. Hope you'll get this solved soon

Have you received your refund yet.....they indicate up to 6 weeks to process........

Have you received your refund ???? If you submitted request on 19 September then its almost 8 weeks now.

The lack of information is annoying

Level 4: Private Eye

I waited and waited.  I asked three times via Chat what was happening and no one seemed to have a clue.  I asked in the local Telstra shop and they wouldn't even believe me that such a refund was even possible.

Eventually via Chat I got a complaint raised and my pre-paid credit was transfered as a credit to my Telstra account which includes my home phone an internet.  I'm happy I got the credit but very disappointed I had to spend so much time chasing the "refund" up.  

Still have no idea where the original refund request went to.  Into the ether I suspect. It appears Telstra made the offer of a refund with no internal mechanism for making it happen.

Get on chat and demand a complaint be raised.

Not yet. Super disappointed. I have tried again and again speaking to reps and one of the complaint officer who has handled my case before. All reps from live chat have no idea about this refund process because it is managed by the prepaid team and I can't reach to the prepaid team directly. The complaint officer was even worst as she has ignored my emails eventually. I can't continue spending my lifetime chasing up refund so have lodged a case with the TIO. TIO's initial respond is Telstra is overflowing with complaints lately and will take at least 3 working weeks to be able to assign my case to a complaint manager. I will just wait until someone from Telstra contact me rather than explaining over and over to different reps each day. 

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more