KOBE78823
Level 2: Rookie

How to change my Pre-paid max plan

I'm currently using the old $40 pre-paid max plan which expiry every 28 days, I noticed that the new $40 pre-paid max plan expiry every 35 days, how can I change it to the new $40 pre-paid max plan? Do I have to purchase a new SIM Kit?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How to change my Pre-paid max plan

@KOBE78823 wrote:

I'm currently using the old $40 pre-paid max plan which expiry every 28 days, I noticed that the new $40 pre-paid max plan expiry every 35 days, how can I change it to the new $40 pre-paid max plan? Do I have to purchase a new SIM Kit?

@KOBE78823 Looking at that plan that looks to me to be for new customers only, as it is a 'Online Only' sign-up. So it's not a plan you transfer too.

Looking at the FAQ it does say "$40 SIM offer: Online only offer available to customers who purchase by 25 March 2019 11:59pm AEST. The discount is applied at checkout. Limit 2 per customer. Offer not available for commercial or resale purposes. Not transferable and not redeemable for cash."

Although the FAQ hasn't been updated to the new price.

I also can't see how long the $30 monthly fee goes for?

Hopefully someone with a more understanding of that plan can comment :-)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi KOBE78823,

You don't need to purchase a new sim kit and you don't need to change to the new Max plan. When you recharge $40 you'll automatically get the 35 day's expiry.  

Last Thursday I had to recharge my Pre-Paid Max plan, and I always recharge $40 using a recharge voucher.

I noticed that the normal $40 recharge value was missing on the Pre-Paid plans website page.

I rang the Pre-Paid team to ask if I could still use the $40 voucher I'd purchased 3 day's before. 

I was told "Yes". So I recharged with my $40 voucher.

It rolled over my unused data into the Data Bank.... I still got the Bonus 22GB data saved directly into the Data Bank (as I changed to the Max plan in December 2018 when the promotion was a Bonus 22GB Data saved directly into the Data Bank for the first 5 recharge's)....I also got the Standard 20GB.....AND the expiry time is 35 Day's.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Ozmoz

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi KOBE78823,

You don't need to purchase a new sim kit and you don't need to change to the new Max plan. When you recharge $40 you'll automatically get the 35 day's expiry.  

@Smiley3 Yeah, it does look like the 35 expiry is the norm for that plan. Although I'm not sure what happens to those that do auto-recharge when it was monthly. 

The $40 to $30 is for new customer online sign-ups it seems, but doesn't say how long that price remains.

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Smiley3

@Ozmoz , I'm not sure how an auto recharge would work....I haven't seen an update on Crowdsupport regarding this.

As it's an Online only reduced price for a $40 sim kit, I'm presuming it's a once only $30 for 35 day's, then it'll be $40 from then on.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Ozmoz

@Smiley3 wrote:

As it's an Online only reduced price for a $40 sim kit, I'm presuming it's a once only $30 for 35 day's, then it'll be $40 from then on.

If that is the case then I think that ad is misleading. It doesn't clarify that, and going by the plan costs on the same line with the other plans it is displayed in such a way people can assume that as an online offer the $40 plan is reduced.

Smiley3

@Ozmoz , I agree it's misleading, that's why I had to ring Pre-Paid to see if I could still recharge with a $40 recharge. 

The $40 sim reduced to $30 online should not be showing in the list of recharge values when a customer clicks on "Pre-paid Plans".

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

It should only be in the "Pre-paid Sims" section. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/mobiles-and-starter-kits#!/filter/brand//os...

KOBE78823
Level 2: Rookie

I'm going to recharge my account a week later, hopefully, I can automatically get the 35 day's expiry. And thanks for share the information.
Ozmoz

@Smiley3 wrote:

@Ozmoz , I agree it's misleading, that's why I had to ring Pre-Paid to see if I could still recharge with a $40 recharge. 

And thank you @Smiley3 for posting confirmation of your phone call, it is much appreciated by all of us :-)

And most likely my last comment on the $40 SIM reduced to $30 for an online deal, what makes this more weird (to me) is anytime I see deals on Telstra SIMS they are usually half price, which might be why I am more confused how it is written lol

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more