HelpMe29
Level 1: Cadet

How to find Mobile Phone number in order to recharge 4GX Dongle

How do I find my mobile phone number attached to my 4GX dongle - so that I can recharge it.

I do not have the email sent originally to activate the dongle but am out of credit and need to recharge.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to find Mobile Phone number in order to recharge 4GX Dongle

Hi HelpMe29,

Your Pre-Paid mobile broadband service should be showing in your My Telstra App or in Telstra My Account online using: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview

Note: if it's been more than 6 months since the expiry date of your last recharge then the SIM has been automatically deactivated and you'll need to purchase a new SIM.

You could try taking the SIM out of the dongle, and putting it into a mobile phone (if it's the correct size SIM for the mobile phone) and dial #150# into the mobile phone and press the call button. This will then show the Pre-Paid SIM'S phone number and Account number.

You could also go to a Telstra store (if you have 1 nearby) with some ID to prove you own the Pre-Paid service and they'll be able to tell you what the number is and put a recharge on for you.

If you can't get to a Telstra store then you can send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen). If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. It could take hours for the initial reply to your message. You'll receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to find Mobile Phone number in order to recharge 4GX Dongle

Just checking up HelpMe29, any lucky with this one? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more