Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How to top up extra credits for calls?

Answered

I have a Telstra Pre-Paid Max and has a 30$ monthly auto-recharge setup.

I want to know if I can do a recharge to get only my "Extra Credit" topped up (for making calls on country not in the free list), rather than doing a full plan recharge?

Also when I do the automatic recharge, it doesn't appear to add any "Extra Credit" each month?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: How to top up extra credits for calls?

Hi RVR-80s,

You need to put a $5 or $20 recharge on as these amounts are not classed as a normal recharge on the Pre-Paid Max plan.

Once you've put these amounts on you should see $ value under the heading "Credit" on your Pre-Paid Max plan in your Account.

The charges for calling International countries not on the free list will come out of this credit.

You should be getting $5 Extra Credit when you recharge $30 on the Max plan regardless of whether you have auto recharge set up or recharge manually. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi RVR-80s,

If you were to convert the $5 or $20 recharge into Data then that Data would be for use in Australia only (as it get's saved directly into the Data Bank...which can't be used overseas).

You could use that $5 or $20 Credit for calls and text to International countries while in Australia.

If you were Roaming you can use that credit to purchase International Roaming packs....until the 13th October 2020.

Unfortunately, when you put the $5 or $20 recharge on it won't show as Extra Credit as you'd like it to show. 

Extra Credit is only what you get included with a standard recharge. 

If you click on the "what's included" drop down arrow on that screen you posted you'll also see that the $5 recharge has 4 day's expiry and the $20 recharge has 14 day's expiry. 

Another customer posted a few month's back that when they put one of those recharge amounts on it didn't actually expire in the time frame that is showing.

You'll have to keep an eye on that incase the money does expire before you use it.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi RVR-80s,

You need to put a $5 or $20 recharge on as these amounts are not classed as a normal recharge on the Pre-Paid Max plan.

Once you've put these amounts on you should see $ value under the heading "Credit" on your Pre-Paid Max plan in your Account.

The charges for calling International countries not on the free list will come out of this credit.

You should be getting $5 Extra Credit when you recharge $30 on the Max plan regardless of whether you have auto recharge set up or recharge manually. 

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  When I look under recharge, & topups, $5 and @$20 show that "they are for use in Australia" does that simply mean, I can only use them while I am in Australia (and not roaming), yet make calls to international numbers using that credit?

I don't want it to show under "Recharge credit", rather I want it to show under "Extra Credit" which is the amount that gets deducted when I make international calls.

I will log a ticket about the Extra Credit when my autorecharge happens. Thanks for the advise again.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi RVR-80s,

If you were to convert the $5 or $20 recharge into Data then that Data would be for use in Australia only (as it get's saved directly into the Data Bank...which can't be used overseas).

You could use that $5 or $20 Credit for calls and text to International countries while in Australia.

If you were Roaming you can use that credit to purchase International Roaming packs....until the 13th October 2020.

Unfortunately, when you put the $5 or $20 recharge on it won't show as Extra Credit as you'd like it to show. 

Extra Credit is only what you get included with a standard recharge. 

If you click on the "what's included" drop down arrow on that screen you posted you'll also see that the $5 recharge has 4 day's expiry and the $20 recharge has 14 day's expiry. 

Another customer posted a few month's back that when they put one of those recharge amounts on it didn't actually expire in the time frame that is showing.

You'll have to keep an eye on that incase the money does expire before you use it.

Highlighted

Thank you, that clears my doubts! Appreciate the assistance.

Highlighted

You're welcome Smiley Happy

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more