Tony_St_Lucia
Level 1: Cadet

I want to pay my pre-paid account on a particular day of the month

I want to pay my pre-paid account on a particular day of the month.

The person/software in the app message function said: “You have to enter your card details first then it will ask you for a specific date before you submit it.” but I was never giving the opportunity to set a day of the month.

I am trying to setup my plan after a forced and unwanted change by Telstra where all previous payment details have been discarded.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: I want to pay my pre-paid account on a particular day of the month

If you are not able to select the particular day of the month on the website, you could wait & setup auto recharge on that particular day of the month to achieve the same thing.

Tony_St_Lucia

After much discussion, I am waiting for confirmation from Telstra that the following statement is correct:

"I am now forced to make 13 payments per year rather than 12 and that I can no longer do monthly budgeting on a particular day because of a plan I was forced on me by Telstra."

It appears that the new pre-paid system has removed any customer flexibility.

Tony_St_Lucia

It is confirmed. Calendar month renewal is no more. Looking forward to 13 payments per year instead of 12. I'm sure that this is not a price hike... I just have to pay more each year. Well, someone made their fat bonus this year.

Dowser

Where was that “confirmed”?.

Dowser

For your information, Auto Recharge for Prepaid Plans is still mentioned on the Telstra website here and here

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Tony_St_Lucia,

It doesn't sound right that you've been told Auto Recharge has been stopped for Pre-Paid customer's.

You should have received an email or sms from Telstra at least 30 day's prior to your Pre-Paid plan being changed.

In the email or sms there would have been a link explaining your new Pre-Paid mobile plan. 

The below link is what you should have been able to read. It specifically shows that your original saved Auto Recharge would be cancelled and you'd have to set it up again. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzJQMDAwMDA0d2lQMlFBSQ==

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more