Bruce_S
Level 1: Cadet

Keep Number Active

I just purchased a prepaid mobile phone. It will not get used that often so I'm wondering how often to I need to put credit on my prepaid phone to keep the number active?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Keep Number Active

Hi Bruce_S,

There's 2 Pre-Paid mobile plans to choose from, Mobile and Mobile Casual. Customer's who don't use their mobile very often would choose the Mobile Casual plan. 

The $70/ 12 months expiry recharge gives you 200 minutes of calls to Australian numbers and 200 texts to Australian numbers to use in 12 months. 

In the below link you will see what's included in the various recharge amounts and you can decide which one best suits your needs. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#pp-mobile-casual-recharges

In the above link you can also look at what's included in each recharge for the Pre-Paid Mobile plan. With this plan you get unlimited calls and text to Australian numbers and more Data per recharge.

The cheapest in that plan would be either the $150/ 6 months expiry or the $300/ 12 months expiry...these equate to $25 per month. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more