DianneEB1060
Level 2: Rookie

Left over data not getting credited with the recharge

Answered

Who can I contact regarding a prepaid mobile issue? If you ring you get sent a link which does not answer my question then get hung up on. I make sure I recharge before the 28 days but my left over data of which my plan says I can Data Bank up to 200GB of unused data is not getting credited along with the new data allocation. Can anyone help with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Left over data not getting credited with the recharge

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

SUPERJAZA
Level 3: Gumshoe

sRe: Left over data not getting credited with the recharge

Did this get resolved, I have a similar problem, I have a very old account, that was $50.00 a year to keep active and  I had $890.00 of credit, then i got rolled over into the new style prepaid plan without my permission and no explaination.and my $890.00 of credit was converted to 196 GB of data credit, I then added money into my plan yesterday to keep my account active as it going to expire on March 16th, the refill did nothing for my expiration date, even if it says it was supposed to extend me 30 days. I contacted Telstra thru the phone number and after 20 minutes of being routed around, i finally got ahold of the prepaid consultant, who sounded like they were from India, they had no idea what to do and could not see the same info on my account that i could see on my computer, totally unable to help and couldnt explain to me if i was going to lose my prepaid data. i saw the telstra app at the app store, but it has all bad reviews, like ALL the reviews are bad. so may be a useless app.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: sRe: Left over data not getting credited with the recharge

Hi @SUPERJAZA,

Telstra are moving customer's that are on old plans to a new plan.

You should have received an email from Telstra at least 30 day's before you're plan was going to be changed. In that email it showed that any Accumulated Recharge money would be converted to Data, that's why you're money was converted to Data. 

There is no longer a 30 day's expiry on the new plans for a Pre-Paid Recharge, there is a 28 day's expiry. 

The 28 day's expiry starts from when you put the recharge on. If you recharge before the expiry date of your last recharge you forfeit any remaining day's, it doesn't extend the original expiry date by 28 day's. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SUPERJAZA

Thank you!   That makes sense.  

Smiley3

Hi @SUPERJAZA,

You're welcome Smiley Happy

The Pre-Paid consultant should have been able to explain that to youSmiley Surprised

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SUPERJAZA

Smiley3 your awesome !!  thank you. Has anyone run out of the primary data and rolled into the extra data?. does the extra data run at the same speed as the recharge data?.  I have never actually got into the extra data yet, and cannot find any information about the extra data usage, other than if you run out of regular data the extra data kicks in.

Smiley3

Hi @SUPERJAZA,

The Extra Data will run at the same speed as your Recharge Data. 

Correct, once you use your Recharge Data then you'll start using your Extra Data.

Molly2

I have an issue with Telstra because my $30 prepaid plan was 10GB Data.. Now, it is only 8GB Data! I have 17GB in my Data Bank* and 14GB in my Data Plus Pack*.. My complaint is, "I have  used up the 8GB and most times I can not load a webpage and it tells me I have no Data".&nve been in here and tried to find an answer as to why my Data Bank is not kicking in for me to access it ? 

I found one statement  "RECHARGE REQUIRED TO ACCESS DATA BANK" 

WHY should I have to RECHARGE before my expiry date to ACCESS MY DATA BANK WHEN I HAVE DONE THIS EVERY OTHER PREVIOUS  MONTH, ALSO THIS CURRENT CYCLE.??? To my understanding, this is an outright fraudulent deal.. 

RECHARGE before expiry to access data bank and when you have and run out of initial recharge DATA why am I not getting  access.  AND IF I CAN GET A WEBPAGE TO LOAD, ITS THIS TELSTRA  PAGE IT IS POOR UPLOAD !! 

PLEASE EXPLAIN SOROS- TELSTRA !! 

Molly2
MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Molly2, as listed here within the FAQ's Roll over and access unused data when you recharge $10-$60 before expiry. Your unused data will expire if you don’t recharge on eligible recharges before expiry. Further details are listed here under 'Continuous Data Rollover' https://tel.st/xvg6m

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Molly2

Why should you have to download an app to contact one of the biggest corporate companies in telecommunications?? 

More invasion of privacy from the NSA !! 

I personally believe MORE complaints should be made to the 'Telecommunications Ombudsmen' in regards to this inept customer service and POOR Data supply.. 

"TO FIND  OUT WHAT PLAN YOU ARE ON DOWNLOAD THE TELSTRA  APP NOW"  

No !

I should be able to access any information about my account via my account log in on a webpage. (Also, difficult to access  webpage or Download any app with No Data supply that I have paid for) .. 

Thanks again Telstra. Your service is insurmountable.  NOT !!

Molly2
Molly2

See how frustrating this is not being  able to get a Solveable answer..  My query/complaint states.. "I am not getting access to my Data Bank which I had recharge service before expiry '  EVERY MONTH, (every month) "

How else would I have 17GB in Data Bank/14 GB in DATA PLUS pack, to access if I had recharged AFTER EXPIRY, which I did not.. 

Also,  why do you have to TOP-UP (add more credit) to access the DATA PLUS PACK ?? 

And please explain why my plan changed from 10GB for $30 down to 8GB for $30 ?? 

This is not a personal affront at yourself MammaB, it is a collective query which I am sure thousands, if not hundreds of  thousands of TELSTRA customers have an issue with..

Molly2
Jupiter

You can access your account information by logging in through the webpage and also start a chat session (although the chat on the webpage is less convenient as you have to keep the browser window open and you need to be in the vicinity of your computer to know that someone has responded - which can be hours). It is the same system on both the My Telstra app and My Telstra via the website (https://myservices.telstra.com.au).

In most aspects, it is the same screens on both the website and the app (they share the same code). You just have to go look.

You are quite welcome to go and complain to the Ombudsman (tio.com.au) but they generally will not look at a complaint unless you have been through the provider's complaints process (in the case of Telstra via https://telstra.com/complaints)

Molly2

@Jupiter  nothing you told me I don't know. 

I want to KNOW why CAN I NOT access my DATA in my data bank (which I know how much is in there because a basic call to 1258888 informs me of that) when my 8GB, (which used to be 10GB and has dropped for some reason)  has run out ?? 

And WHY should I have to TOP-UP, to access Data Plus Pack also, seen as how your are so informative.

Thank you. 

Molly2
Smiley3

Hi @Molly2,

I'd suggest you try ringing 132200 (Mon- Fri 9am-7pm AEDT). Apparently, the call centre is closed on the weekend, so I found out after ringing this weekend. Hopefully you can get through. I rang that number this morning, waited 5 minutes on hold and spoke to a Pre-Paid consultant (to get a Talk Plus Pack manually added to a Pre-Paid service).

If you get asked by the bot lady the reason for your call say "Pre-Paid Technical problem". I then pressed 3 for Tech, then 1 for Technical. 

They'll be able to look at your Account and hopefully answer your questions. 

As you always have an active recharge you should be able to access your Data Bank when you've used the included Data in your recharge...something is obviously wrong if you can't access it. I'm pretty sure that if you have a Data Top-Up pack this Data should be used before the Data Bank Data...the Pre-Paid consultant should be able to answer that question. 

Regarding your question of why you used to get 10GB Data for a $30 recharge but now only get 8GB: Have you changed your Pre-Paid plan since getting the 10GB Data?

I'm still on the Pre-Paid Max plan, where a $30 recharge has 10GB Data. The Pre-Paid Complete plan has 8GB Data for a $30 recharge. That's 1 reason why I didn't change to the Complete plan because I'd lose 2GB Data. 

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more