cas12
Level 1: Cadet

Long Life Sim recharge and expiry

Hi there,

I'm currently overseas and have a long-life, prepaid SIM (365 day expiry) to preserve my phone number. I'm not using the number while away from Australia. 

I recently received a message saying that my balance on that pre paid SIM is low.

If my SIM has no credit, but doesn't expire until 2021, am i at risk of losing my number? Or do i need to recharge with another long life plan?

Regards,

Cas

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Long Life Sim recharge and expiry

Hi cas12,

A Pre-paid sim will automatically get deactivated 6 month's after the expiry date of your last recharge.

If you're not using the sim now while you're overseas, you will only need to put a recharge on within 6 month's of the 2021 expiry date. 

Eg: if the expiry date is 1st March 2021 you would need to recharge by 1st September 2021 to keep your number.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more