Level 1: Cadet

Lost phone with star track

Evening all,

Basically, I have been with Telstra now for over four years.  I have upgraded numerous times via the early upgrade feature. Never had a problem.

So on 23/12/20, I called Telstra and used the new phone feeling feature to upgrade from iPhone 11 pro max to iPhone 12 max. I slightly altered my tariff so it was cheaper than normal. It all went through fine and was sent out for delivery from Sydney (I am in Melbourne).

Sadly, it got to the star track depot and went missing. It was due for delivery at my house on 29/12/20. It  said it had arrived at the depot. I waited days and days and it never got sent out to be delivered to my address.

Frustrated, I called star track numerous times before being told that it had been lost in transit and they couldn't locate my phone.

Yesterday I finally went into the telstra store to be told it had been located and sent back to telstra. Now this is where it gets messy.

Instead of being able to go into my local telstra store and collect the same model (they had them in stock) , I was told I would have to add a new phone to my account and then once I had the phone, to speak to someone over the phone about wavering the complete cost of the upgrade from the missing phone to a new one (the cost was the price of the iPhone 12 pro max).

I have been in Australia for near seven years after moving from the UK. After various visas, me and my girlfriend lodged our PR visa in December BEFORE I upgraded. I told them on the phone I was on a bridging visa waiting for my PR to come through, They said no problem - usually we only give phones out to people with a visa of at least 12 months to run on it. I understand that. But he said as I was an existing customer and I was upgrading, it wouldnt matter.

I am assuming that if you already have a phone & plan and upgrade, the visa doesn't matter but if you apply for a new phone and tariff from nothing, you need the visa with a minimum 12 months to run?

So basically I am looking for ways around this so I am able to get the iPhone 12 pro max. Surely, there is a way around this?

TIA

Lewis

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lost phone with star track

You will need to contact Telstra to work this out.

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the question, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be placed in the queue to chat to a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response, but you will receive a notification through the app when someone does.

If the consultant can't help in getting the initial order redispatched or cancelled, then lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more