Zeaguwanna
Level 1: Cadet

Microsim number transfer to Nano-sim

Answered

How would I go about transferring my current activated prepaid microsim number over to a nano-sim? Do I need to purchase the nanosim starter kit and bring it in to a telstra store? Do I bring both the old iphone and new iphone to a Telstra store? 

Live chat and phone support has me running around in circles. They keep asking for the nano-sim's seriel number which I obviously do not have!

Thanks for anyone's help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulQ
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Microsim number transfer to Nano-sim

Hi Zeaguwanna

Thanks for your post and Nano SIMs are driving lost of queries, I'm not sure why our support teams are asking for the serial numbers if you haven't received one yet so I do apologise for that.. and here is my understanding:

First of all, nano SIMs work just like micro or a mini SIMs – only they’re a bit smaller and thinner.

The Nano SIMs are available to our customers today  - Friday 21 September.

There are a few options for customers wanting to transfer across to a Nano SIM:

• Post-Paid customers can convert their current Next G SIM cards to the Nano SIM format in-store or over the phone and we’ll get it sent out to you. There is no cost associated with this change over. If you’re ordering a Nano SIM compatible phone online on a contract, you’ll be shipped a Nano SIM with your device.
  • Pre-Paid customers can also have their current Telstra SIMs converted to a Nano SIM at no cost. We’ll also have $30 Pre-Paid Nano-SIM Starter Kits available to purchase for new Pre-Paid customers.

If you’re upgrading from an existing SIM to a Nano SIM make sure you copy your contacts across to cloud or desktop device management software so you don’t lose any information.

So for yourself and any other customers who want to upgrade to the iPhone5 or need an nano SIM for an iPhone5 today you will need to head into your nearest store.

Obviously the nano SIM will only work in an iPhone 5 and not any of their perious models.

nano sim.JPG

Thanks and hope this provides some clarification for you!!

Crowdsurfer...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You can buy a prepaid Nano SIM starter kit this from you nearest Telstra store. The Pre-Paid Nano SIM Starter Kit for iPhone 5 comes loaded with $30 credit to use within 30 days.

Do I bring both the old iphone and new iphone to a Telstra store? Yes just incase

But remember, if you buy an iPhone from another mobile carrier or one of their dealers, it may be locked to their network, so make sure to check for any unlocking fees.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

PaulQ
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Zeaguwanna

Thanks for your post and Nano SIMs are driving lost of queries, I'm not sure why our support teams are asking for the serial numbers if you haven't received one yet so I do apologise for that.. and here is my understanding:

First of all, nano SIMs work just like micro or a mini SIMs – only they’re a bit smaller and thinner.

The Nano SIMs are available to our customers today  - Friday 21 September.

There are a few options for customers wanting to transfer across to a Nano SIM:

• Post-Paid customers can convert their current Next G SIM cards to the Nano SIM format in-store or over the phone and we’ll get it sent out to you. There is no cost associated with this change over. If you’re ordering a Nano SIM compatible phone online on a contract, you’ll be shipped a Nano SIM with your device.
  • Pre-Paid customers can also have their current Telstra SIMs converted to a Nano SIM at no cost. We’ll also have $30 Pre-Paid Nano-SIM Starter Kits available to purchase for new Pre-Paid customers.

If you’re upgrading from an existing SIM to a Nano SIM make sure you copy your contacts across to cloud or desktop device management software so you don’t lose any information.

So for yourself and any other customers who want to upgrade to the iPhone5 or need an nano SIM for an iPhone5 today you will need to head into your nearest store.

Obviously the nano SIM will only work in an iPhone 5 and not any of their perious models.

nano sim.JPG

Thanks and hope this provides some clarification for you!!

Crowdsurfer...

View solution in original post

Zeaguwanna

Ahh okay. I ordered the iphone 5 from the apple store so it comes unlocked. Thanks very much for your help!

sokak

Unfortunately the North Sydney Telstra shop apparently had no nano sims on Friday and calling 132200 Friday and Saturday did not help. Friday the helpful fellow on the phone could not find a computer with the required software to process the order. Today I was told there was nothing in place to have a nano sim sent out to me and to call billing. Billing said they can't help me and why was I calling them anyway?

Is there a magic phrase I need to say? A secret handshake perhaps? Smiley Happy

jamaica

jamaica

pls let know how t purchase and where?

Gamgees
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey jamaica

You can get this from your local Telstra shop and they'll be able to help transfer any number you have on to the new sim card Smiley Happy 

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more