Tersha68
Level 1: Cadet

mobile phone number in quarintine

Answered

Deactivated mobile phone number now in quarantine due to the fact of missing 6 month of recharge.

I have been informed that my phone number is in quarantine for 3 years and if I buy a prepaid starter pack I can link my original phone no. to it. is this correct if not explain how it can be done.

I have past Telstra account numbers to prove it is my number prepaid time frame and bundle time frame.

Also if Telstra wanst to look after there customers why not say on the text if you do not recharge you will lose your number?

Also why not have a service if I don't use my phone often that a annual Account or part of a bundle is set up that keeps my mobile account open I.E like line rental then the above will never happen.

To lose my number is a great stress as it has been part of my contact for many years and truthfully the reason this has happened is over the years Telstra keeps changing there bundle packages, come on fair go look after me an reinstate my phone number with the addition of a line rental so I can receive incoming calls and txt if I recharge you benefit because I make stuff all calls.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: mobile phone number in quarintine

Hi Tersha, I appreciate the frustration and trust this can be sorted out for you soon. If a prepaid service isn't recharged within six months of the latest credit expiring or being used then the number is disconnected and placed into quarantine, but as you've been advised you can set up a new SIM card with a separate number and the quarantined number can be reassigned to it by our Mobile teams on 13 22 00 or through the online chat service at  http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Tersha, I appreciate the frustration and trust this can be sorted out for you soon. If a prepaid service isn't recharged within six months of the latest credit expiring or being used then the number is disconnected and placed into quarantine, but as you've been advised you can set up a new SIM card with a separate number and the quarantined number can be reassigned to it by our Mobile teams on 13 22 00 or through the online chat service at  http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Tersha68
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Greg,
Thank you so much for replying to my question, I do not understand why it has been so difficult to get this simple answer, Not sure why I was never given this advise when I first ask the question, been over three weeks of trying to get to the bottom of this, there is a lot of people out there in the same position.
Anyway what is the chances of Telstra do adopt the idea of a line rental/don't lose your number plan with a small fee as mentioned previously, I don,t want to lose my number but don't enjoy the fact to recharge $20 per month or every 6 month just to receive text or a missed call from friend or relative
Your thoughts
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

I can certainly pass on the suggestion to our product development team, and hope it can be implemented soon

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more