Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Monthly prepaid recharge options not available for me

Answered

I am on telstra pre-paid max, for several years I have been able to set up a monthly recharge (same day each month). I recently changed debit cards associated with my account (by cancelling auto recharge and conducting a new recharge as always). However, now I do not have a monthly recharge option, only 28 days. Where has the monthly recharge gone. I have followed the instructions from the support website and the chat helpline to set up monthly recharges but the options required do not show in my account or in the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Monthly prepaid recharge options not available for me

I just fixed this by clicking the 'setup an automatic recharge' link on the 'recharge history' page. Then it gave me the option to setup a monthly recharge on a specific day (that was not available by going through the 'auto recharge' link). However, now I have set up a monthly recharge when I click through the 'auto recharge' link it shows my monthly recharge options. Confusing - telstra should fix the glitch in their system.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Woodie985,

I'm also on the Pre-Paid Max plan. 

I can see the "Auto Recharge" heading in my "My Telstra App".

But when I press on "Auto Recharge" it takes me to this:

Are you getting the same as me when you try it through the My Telstra App?

I logged in to the Telstra My Account website page and it showed the same as the last picture I posted. 

Obviously there's a problem at the moment. 

You will have to try again later.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Hi Smiley3, no I do not have the same issue accessing the site as you do. I can get to the auto recharge section of myaccount. However I can only select 28 day auto recharge for $30 recharge amount.

From this site I found the following info. Is being on telstra pre-paid max the problem here?

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/recharge-pre-paid-tax-invoice

"Depending on your plan, you can set up an auto recharge to renew based on your:

• Expiry date: Your auto recharge will renew on the day your current recharge expires
  • Scheduled day of the month: Your auto recharge will renew on the day of the month you choose. (If your recharge has 28 or 30 days’ expiry, we’ll extend it for the months with 30 or 31 days)
  • Balance: Your auto recharge will renew when your balance drops below your chosen level, or when your credit expires"

Highlighted

Hi Woodie985, 

You should be able to set Auto Recharge up as a Scheduled day of the month while on the Pre-Paid Max plan....other customer's have.

If you're able to visit a Telstra store they might be able to help you out.

If you can't get to a Telstra store you can contact Telstra by messaging them in the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message when they can. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I just fixed this by clicking the 'setup an automatic recharge' link on the 'recharge history' page. Then it gave me the option to setup a monthly recharge on a specific day (that was not available by going through the 'auto recharge' link). However, now I have set up a monthly recharge when I click through the 'auto recharge' link it shows my monthly recharge options. Confusing - telstra should fix the glitch in their system.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I received something from Telstra recently advising Pre-paid Max is being phased out in October, perhaps that's why there's a change??  Has anyone else received such notification? It said if I changed plan before 30 Sept I'd get $10 credit a month for a year but I can't find it now

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more