Dani25
Level 1: Cadet

New prepaid plan

Telstra shunted me onto a new pre paid plan mid August. Plan is ok, except for the Missed Call alert ; it just keeps sending me txts to inform I've missed a call, plus my phone only rings TWICE before this service cuts in telling caller I'm unavailable. Spent 3 hours trying to have this "free" service removed, supposedly not possible. I got Mytelstra app,as suggested by call centre guy, and now can't phone the 1258887 number for customer support, all online only. VERY UNIMPRSSED. Older people often prefer to TALK !!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: New prepaid plan

•  

1. On your Telstra mobile, dial **61*101** then the number of seconds you want to extend your ring time to - 15, 20, 25 or 30 - then finish with #. So, to extend your ring time to 30 seconds, you’d dial **61*101**30#
    2. Press Call/Send
    3. You’ll see a screen confirming your ring time extension has been successful

Source

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Dani25,

I was also moved to a new Pre-Paid plan mid August and started getting the annoying message2text...and my phone would only ring 7 times before it would go to message2text, whereas previously my mobile would ring for about 50 seconds with nothing at the end.

I also spoke to a Telstra consultant who was advised by the IT team that the customer on the new Pre-Paid system (which the plans Telstra are moving customer's to are on) would either have to have MessageBank or Message2text. 

I've worked this out myself as the Telstra Employee's don't know this is a way to stop the Message2text: type **61*101**30# into where you make a phone call and press the call button. 

This will extend the ring time to 30 seconds, and it will stop the message2text function. The person calling will hear a female voice say "Hi, the person you have called is not available. We can't take your message at this time, please call again later. Goodbye."

You will still see a missed call, but won't get an annoying message2text. 

If I want to speak to a Telstra consultant I ring 132200. The bot lady realises that I'm calling from a Pre-Paid service. I then press 5 for Fault, then 1 for Tech Support.

The last 2 times I have called I've actually used the My Telstra App. Press on the Get Help icon bottom right of the homescreen, scroll down to "Speak with us" and press on that. Then type the reason for your call, then you'll receive a call from a Telstra consultant. 

I've found it is actually quicker this way to talk to someone, both times it took less than 1 minute.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dani25

Unfortunately I can't get that 101 to work at all, just a recorded MSG saying that the call is unable to be made (not the exact wording, but basically it won't work!!) Thanks for the help tho, was worth a try.

Dowser

Please clarify whether you want MessageBank or Message2text ?.

Dani25

Message2text. I don't have message bank 101, and can't switch it on,neither can Telstra, no idea why this is. It's specifically the voice message that a caller can leave that appears as a written txt .

Dowser

Please go to the My Telstra app, click on Services, then click on your mobile service.

When you then click on the 3 dots at the top-right of the screen, what options are you presented with?.

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dani, if you'd ever like to go over anything to do with your account, please feel free to contact us via Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to look into this for you. Alternatively, you are also welcome to call us whenever it's convenient for you to.

- Ash

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more