annoyedaf
Level 1: Cadet

New Telstra Sim Kit says expired when it isnt. Customer support unwilling to assist

I live rurally.  I just bought a $30 Telstra Sim kit as I needed a sim for a phone.  Went to activate it and it says the sim card has expired.  The expiry on the pack isnt for another 6 months.

Called support.  Told there is a blank sim in there and she can't do anything.  Told me to take it back to a telstra store.  Nearest telstra store is about $50 in petrol drive away.  Post office where I purchased it won't refund it as it is open.

The lady who "supported" (gee I use that term lightly) really came across like she just couldn't be bothered helping t all.  She offered zero solutions other than "Its not my problem you don't live near a store".  

Has anyone else come across this and managed to get around it or is Miss Absolutely Unhelpful correct that nothing can be done?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New Telstra Sim Kit says expired when it isnt. Customer support unwilling to assist

Hi annoyedaf. 

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with your sim kit. 

Have you been able to get this sorted out since posting here or still needing a further hand? 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New Telstra Sim Kit says expired when it isnt. Customer support unwilling to assist

Hi annoydaf.

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more