Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

No balance and bonus data in activated $40 sim card

Answered

Hi guys, I just bought a $40 SIM card for my little sister 2 days ago for her new phone. I came home and activated it. In my activation process I saw somewhere it says that the SIM card would have a balance of $40 and data of 17GB + 18GB bonus. It has been 36 hours since then my sister's SIM card is activated however when I check her balance, there's nothing there. $0 balance and no data at all.

Can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: No balance and bonus data in activated $40 sim card

Hi KoSteal,

You won't see a $ credit balance on the Pre-Paid Complete plan when looking at your service....but you should see a Data balance.

For a $40 recharge you get 18GB Data + Bonus 17GB for the first 3 recharge's.

People posting on Crowdsupport don't have access to customer's Account's.

You could try ringing 1258880...if you can't get help on that number then send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in the queue for a Telstra Employee to respond to your message.

If you can't use the My Telstra App then you can write a message on their Facebook and Twitter.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi KoSteal,

You won't see a $ credit balance on the Pre-Paid Complete plan when looking at your service....but you should see a Data balance.

For a $40 recharge you get 18GB Data + Bonus 17GB for the first 3 recharge's.

People posting on Crowdsupport don't have access to customer's Account's.

You could try ringing 1258880...if you can't get help on that number then send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in the queue for a Telstra Employee to respond to your message.

If you can't use the My Telstra App then you can write a message on their Facebook and Twitter.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for your response, I do not see anything balance at all when I check, not even the data balance. I will give them a ring today as you suggested Smiley Happy Thanks

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more