snkr
Level 2: Rookie

No data / unable to recharge after switch from postpaid to prepaid

I switched from postpaid to prepaid 3 days ago. I was told that it will usually be quick, but might take up to 24h to complete. Since the Telstra app did still show an error after 1h, I knew something was wrong. I logged into my account online frequently and it was showing errors for balance and recharge history.

As it did not work after 24h, I called the support and they confirmed that the activation was complete (as I could see myself using the 1- number), however there was some problem with a system not being updated correctly after the switch and they would escalate my issue. The process should take between 24-48h.

And here we are 48h after it was escalated (76h in total), I am still without data on my phone, can only make calls (what I rarely do anyway), the Telstra app and online account still show errors and I am going to call the support this morning again.

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
snkr

Re: No data / unable to recharge after switch from postpaid to prepaid

I just called support again, who told me that this case will be escalated. When I reminded them that the case had already been escalated 2 days ago and is still waiting to be processed, they had to talk to an SME to confirm.

After coming back to me, they now told that this case is with another SME, who is currently out of office and the case will not be processed until this SME returns on 27 October. Seriously, in a company that employs more than 35,000 people, there is only a single person who is able to work on a particular type of cases?

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@snkr

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Did you have your 1- reference number handy so I can check this out for you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

snkr

Hi DeltaSquad,

I have been on the phone and in the store a few times and things have been pushed ahead. A few systems still seem to think I have a postpaid contract. Recharging is now successful, still I don't have data access.

My order number was 1-1303355240009.

Thanks,
snkr

snkr

2.5 weeks later, systems are still messed up and I am still without data on my phone ... An army of people has been looking into my case and told me we will try this and it will take up to 24h and then we try that, which will take between 48 - 72h then it will work, but nothing at all. 

Sounds like a bad joke, but this is reality with Telstra.

snkr

After 5 weeks I finally have a working mobile again ... well I just moved to Vodafone. $50 prepaid, 15GB, 35days and visual voicemail on prepaid (magic) ... and the network is fast as well.

Though Telstra still got my old number locked somewhere in their systems, hopefully the Ombudsman can help with that.

Next I will move my tablet mobile broadbrand and find a new provider for my home broadband ... too many outages lately. Sick of paying a premium for an average service.

My Telstra

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the My Telstra app.

Find out more